The Director, Digital Marketing is responsible for developing and leading a comprehensive strategy to increase growth and engagement of users with the mobile app and website, through email, search and social media performance. In this role, the Director will lead a team of digital marketers to develop and implement strategic plans to support key organizational priorities and deliver on the organization’s mission. The candidate will use web analytics and consumer insights to identify the unmet needs of consumers and use these insights to create and oversee the execution of a strategy to meet the those needs.
The Director will develop a strategy to manage and optimize enterprise-wide social media platforms, the organization’s email marketing and lead-nurturing efforts, as well as develop and implement strategic plans to optimize organizational messages online. The person filling this position will develop and track metrics to provide optimal performance and measure audience engagement, while establishing key performance indicators (KPI’s) for all online campaigns. The Director will collaborate with internal teams within the MarCom department and across the organization to ensure the inclusion of a “digital perspective” and provide insights to support the development of holistic and integrated campaigns.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Principal responsibilities or job duties)
- Manage a team of professionals in support of enterprise-wide digital initiatives – including search marketing, email marketing, and social media.
- Use digital marketing strategy to attract target audiences and increase engagement with Arthritis Foundation digital assets.
- Create and execute digital marketing strategies to increase traffic to specific areas of arthritis.org to support corporate sponsorships and other revenue needs.
- Develop and support the enhancement of audience profiling to improve engagement and support the membership model.
- Work closely with colleagues from development, programmatic and operational departments to ensure our marketing and communications advance our fundraising, marketing and mission goals.
- Proactively plan and implement web, search, email, social media, marketing automation, and other interactive marketing initiatives, in partnership with corporations or other third parties to increase awareness of arthritis and the Foundation that will generate defined and measurable actions.
- Identify the unmet needs of consumers, as well as identify goals, opportunities and challenges of the organization and create digital strategies to meet those needs.
- Oversee and protect the Foundation’s brand identity and reputation online and ensure brand compliance in positioning the Arthritis Foundation as the leader in conquering arthritis.
- Work collaboratively with members of Marketing & Communications teams and other team members across the enterprise to ensure visibility and coverage on high priority areas of the organization.
- Establish and enhance positive relationships with partners when developing and implementing digital initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with all departments to develop strategies to deliver on the organization’s mission, including but not limited to, Cause Development, Research, Consumer Health and Advocacy.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in marketing, advertising, or a related field; plus a minimum of seven years’ experience.
- Ability to manage teams and navigate organizations.
- Understanding customer relationship management, search marketing, email marketing, and social media.
- Ability to manage, prioritize and track multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively and to work independently and collaboratively with people in different departments and on different teams.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills required.