Responsible for leading and overseeing the Bank’s digital learning strategy in order to ensure digital learning plans and initiatives are aligned with the overall business strategy.
This role oversees the design and development of digital learning content, and provides thought leadership and advice to senior business leaders on digital learning related topics, opportunities, strategies, etc.
This role partners with Business HR and business line leadership teams to meet development needs of the business by aligning with business strategy and global learning strategy.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Defines the digital learning strategy, and oversees the development, execution and implementation of digital learning assets and programs, ensuring global consistency
- Employs a performance consulting approach; partners and maintains ongoing relationships with Business HR and business leaders to identify and understand regional or business line learning needs and requirements, aligns digital learning solutions accordingly
- Develops key measures, metrics and reporting to assess the effectiveness of digital learning programs and processes to support strategic learning development and learning decision making
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with external vendors and networks to develop and implement solutions to enhance digital learning, ensuring relevancy and currency of processes and practices
- Acts as a thought-leader to the organization with respect to leading trends and best practices related to digital learning, instructional design and content creation to drive continuous improvement initiatives to global learning programs
- Acts as a key contact for digital learning needs, leveraging COE solutions to meet business objectives. Partners with other Learning COEs and HR Services to implement learning solutions that meet the distinctive challenges and needs of the business
- Ensures that digital learning is as effective, efficient and as engaging as possible.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations within his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team. Develops people by using a coaching mindset and behaviours
- Post-secondary Degree or Masters in Adult Learning or related field is required
- Extensive experience in in implementing learning strategies and solutions in a large complex corporate environment
- Demonstrated leadership skills, independence and collaboration, with an ability to build strong cross-cultural and cross-divisional team relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to strategically influence and persuade senior leaders. Strong ability to effectively perform in a complex, high change environment while being a positive steward for the global HR team
- Excellent project management skills to oversee execution of complex communications strategies
- Develops strategic solutions to boost Scotiabank’s competitiveness in market and cultivate networks and relationships
- Deep learning subject matter knowledge, including experience in course and curriculum design
- Understanding of Bank’s business strategy and talent strategy, and how Learning can support them
- Drives innovation that focuses on and creates value for employees
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
- Results oriented and able to effectively execute in a fast past environment
- Experience managing a team
- Coaching skills
- Spanish language skills are an asset
Requisition ID: 20332