The director provides the vision and leadership for developing, implementing, and integrating information technology solutions into the Synovus environment, as well as, supports these initiatives in a HANDS-ON manner to ensure a smooth and effective running of the extended IT infrastructure. Responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating activities pertaining to technology solution delivery. Ensures that deliverables are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Analyzes the needs of different business units and uses technical knowledge to help determine alternative technical solutions to meet business objectives by modifying existing or developing an IT strategy and the related activities needed to execute. Ensures the overall alignment of the departmental IT activities to the business needs and advises the business on technology regarding overall goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partners with IT Leadership, business unit leaders, external partners and suppliers to leverage technology to enhance business operations.
- Implements business system plans; direct the development, release, and maintenance of company business application and process control systems and/or assumes infrastructure support leadership.
- Stays abreast of industry, regulatory and company changes and/or trends as they relate to financial services, information management, information security, technological standards and trends, and IT efficiencies; proactively assesses the present and future impact to the enterprise and ensure support planning is conducted; works with key stakeholders to develop and execute a business contingency plan that provides for prompt, efficient and seamless responses, to include strong communication and action plans that assures the company remains in compliance. Keeps the assigned executives informed.
- Defines and communicates assigned technology architecture.
- As an IT leader, the director must have the ability to inspire commitment across the assigned technology unit; this includes but is not limited to: developing and communicating logical and convincing justifications, including lessons learned, that build commitment and support for one's perspectives and initiatives; building diverse, high-performing teams that accomplish organizational change, goals, and priorities; ensures strategies, change initiatives, and competitive information are communicated in clear and compelling ways; serves as an advocate for proactive planning and continuous improvement; sets and communicates clear and aligned goals, monitors progress, and accepts accountability.
- Promotes ethics and compliance; builds and sustains an environment where adherence to and reinforcement of the highest standards of integrity and ethics are the norm. Identifies opportunities and takes action to enhance compliance within own organization. Ensures enterprise leaders receive the communication and instruction needed to act in accordance with established policies and procedures. Promotes reputation and social responsibility; seeks out and maintains external relationships and alliances, strengthening the organization's impact on and reputation in the community.
- Oversees the functional activities of the assigned IT functions. Creates teams for facilitating effective communication of available skills, information, and knowledge throughout the enterprise. Analyzes enterprise program requirements and anticipates staffing resources needed to meet objectives. Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to members of the department, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning and/or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues. Develops and acquires talent.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
Perform other related duties as required.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field. Master's Degree is preferred.
Required Experience: 10+ years of IT and business/industry work experience to include the development, implementation, integration and maintenance technology solutions across multiple hardware and software application and infrastructure platforms. 4+ years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large cross-functional teams and projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of a variety of technology solutions, products, services, standards, and best practices.
- Understands technology architecture with in-depth hands on experience in at least one area of technology
- Knowledge of information technology development strategies.
- Exceptional project management skills and the ability to organize, plan, execute large-scale projects.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and persuade business unit leaders.
- Ability to analyze project and business needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to lead dynamically and energize multi-discipline work teams to learn and apply new skills/techniques to respond to business needs.