Director, Digital / Creative Marketing
Reporting to the Head of Multi-Channel Marketing, the Marketing Director, Digital/Creative will lead a team of in-house specialists who are collectively responsible for bringing our marketing strategies to life. This group will own and execute a portion of MCM creative work that is required across multiple channels – including web, email, video, etc. In addition, this group will also lead the development and specialist execution as it pertains to key functions such as writing and marketing automation. For work that is not managed in-house, the team will ensure that SVB has the proper amount of outside resources available to move the business forward and drive scale. This team will also be responsible for evaluating these outside agencies through ongoing reviews and assessments. The Marketing Director, Digital/Creative will drive our broader digital marketing strategy which will be a key vehicle to demonstrate our SVB value for clients.
• Provide a broader vision for the future of the SVB.com site and how to maximize impact
• Stand up a new in-house team designed to provide creative support across a range of channels. Provide overall direction to the team, hire additional members, and build out internal SLA type expectations and agreements for internal clients.
• Oversee agency relationships and outside specialist resources based on composition of team talents and business requirements moving forward. Lead agency reviews and evaluations to ensure that our work is the highest quality and impact.
• Create process alignment between the various Marketing stakeholders and properly manage capacity requirements while ensuring flawless execution.
• Serve as a thought leader to the broader organization specifically about digital as well as other marketing channels. Provide perspectives on digital trends so the team can be on the cutting edge and stay ahead of competitors in the space.
• Work cross-functionally across the MCM team and the broader Marketing organization to guarantee that Digital/Creative brings the full range of Marketing assets and tools to our work
• Manage all team projects both flawlessly and on budget
#LI-TR1 Skills and Requirements: • Deep digital background and skill-set. A digital expert with significant credibility who can speak both strategically about the business as well as help to drive tactical execution.
• 10 years owning flawless creative execution with either an outside agency or in-house team. A proven track record of consistently generating the best thinking and deliverables from these relationships.
• Demonstrated capability of successfully leading people and creating a positive team culture that maximizes impact. Excels at creating a “can do” environment.
• Strong shaping skills and influence management skills with senior level internal clients.
• Ability to manage significant work volume across a team, successfully prioritize, and find creative ways to meet all business deliverables.
• Skilled at working with numerous internal stakeholders, all with different styles. Comfortable quickly adjusting to new situations and business requirements as necessary
• Works effectively within teams and can gain the complete trust of internal clients, management, and the creative team.
• Ability to share vision and to gain buy-in with peers and at a level above; ability to resolve differences with negotiation and diplomacy based on levels of support and priorities
• Strong client focus and the ability to think in terms of client experience/perspective
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• 15 years of experience in digital and 5+ years leading teams