We are a purpose-led company that seeks not only to succeed in business, but also to leverage our success and resources to make the world better. Through our brands and nearly 70,000 associates around the world, we power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. We are movement makers. It’s who we are and have always been.
Powerful brands that are fueled by insights and innovation put us at the heart of our consumers’ lives. Many of our brands lead their respective categories, and some have risen to iconic status.
While our company and brands are diverse, we work together within a One VF culture to capitalize on our greatest opportunities for long-term performance. Across our company, a collaborative, global mindset differentiates our products and the unique experiences we provide to our consumers. It all adds up to a lasting competitive advantage built on harnessing the power of our differences to achieve great things together, all while positively impacting the lives of hundreds of millions of people and the world.
NewCo. Director, Digital Communications: Become the Newest Member of the VF Family
As a key member of NewCo’s global Corporate Communications team, this role is responsible for building, assessing and improving NewCo’s digital presence, both internally and externally. The Director of Digital Communications will work closely with the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, and other members of NewCo’s global Corporate Communications team to develop the strategy, development, execution and ongoing management of NewCo’s digital assets including regular assessment and improvement.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Develop and drive a dynamic digital strategy to maximize the company’s digital assets, facilitate companywide collaboration and strengthen communication across the organization to build NewCo’s reputation and enrich total return to shareholders.
- Develop the strategy and roadmap for the company’s new intranet site and execute against the strategy. The Director partners with the brands and functions to develop content for the corporate intranet, and find ways to foster collaboration.
- Oversee and manage the company’s .com site including content, graphics and functionality.
- Provides strategic direction and management of search engine optimization, marketing and other online advertising for digital content.
- Establishes and standardizes analytics, reporting and monitoring for all platforms.
- Prepare the organization for successful management of crisis situations utilizing digital platforms.
- Work closely with the Directors of Internal and External Communications to develop and maintain strong editorial calendars to support business objectives and online editorial content.
- Partners with the Director of Internal Communication to facilitate and manage the digital and technology-related needs for corporate events, including town halls, employee activations, among other events.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 10+ years
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint. Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong knowledge and experience of online communications and social media best practices.
- Superior project management skills. Experience leading design and development process, with proven success in delivering execution on time and on budget.
- Capable of understanding and developing content for multiple audiences on specific audience needs.
- Proven ability to manage numerous issues and projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, high visibility, working environment.
- Success in a decentralized environment where results are dependent on the ability to balance a strong bias for action with the need for cross-functional integration. Ability to influence without direct accountability.
- Ability to effectively partner with direct management, team members and clients, along with the ability to work will with all level of associates, is critical.
- Proficiency with web analytics packages (Google Analytics).
- Experience with social media tools (YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.).
- Understanding and knowledge of AP style.
- Experience with Adobe Creative suite.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology, communications or related field.
- Strategic, innovative thinker with the ability to see emerging trends and the big picture, with equal ability in driving projects from development to completion.
- Superior project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities with flawless execution.
- Ability to effectively partner with senior management, team members and agency partners, along with the ability to work well with all level of associates, is critical.
- Ability to influence without direct authority.
- Possess a positive, can-do attitude and ability to provide excellent client service.
- Avid technology advocate and fast learner.
- Can do attitude with bias for delivering on-time and precise results.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with global internal clients across brands, functions and locations.
- Exceptional communications skills.