The Director Digital Commerce Technology will bring our enterprise through a global digital transformation as we seek to achieve excellence in our ability to service our global consumers via direct sales channels and devices (eCommerce, mobile apps, IoT, POS). The position will partner with the Global Digital Center of Excellence to collaborate on the vision for and implementation of Acushnet Company’s digital commerce infrastructure to ensure a frictionless omnichannel experience for our consumers. Reporting to the Sr. Director - IT Applications, this role presents an excellent opportunity to build and operate a best-in-class digital technology services organization.
- Develops cutting edge digital roadmaps and project teams to execute a best-in-class frictionless omni-channel experience across all digital commerce touch points; ecommerce websites, mobile applications, IoT devices, point-of-sale retail, etc.
- Curates and manages the pipeline of innovative ideas, owning the cadence to expose technical concepts to the senior leadership team. Aligns technology strategy with the brands digital commercial objectives to enable necessary capabilities.
- Establishes a dynamic software engineering function across multiple teams and businesses and align business priorities with the appropriate, cost-effective deployment of capital, IT systems, and team resources. Responsibilities also include sourcing, staffing, and managing in-house and outsourced development teams.
- Strategizes, builds, and owns the system architecture for Direct-to-Consumer/Ecommerce technology, on which all Acushnet Company brands build and execute their DTC/Ecommerce business.
- Develops and manages budgets - Collaborates with the IT leadership to develop the department budget to ensure alignment between IT and business needs; manages operating budgets to meet business plan objectives and to optimize resource utilization; creates project appropriation requests (PARs), approves projects and manages project spending against forecasts.
- Oversees creation and compliance with development standards and best practices - Ensures the consistent adherence to system development lifecycle standards including proper testing, documentation and compliance with appropriate regulatory and audit requirements; ensures that applications are designed, built and deployed in a secure manner to protect corporate information assets; explores opportunities and initiates activities to improve software development quality, and to decrease the time and cost required to deliver software.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field
- 15+ years of experience in a focused technology role
- 10+ years of experience with omnichannel digital commerce-related experience.
- 10+ years of experience in a leadership role Retail or consumer goods industry experience is highly preferred
- Experience running technology teams, entrepreneurial, out-of-the-box thinker, who is curious ability to influence and engage diverse audiences including senior executives.
- Track record of driving results and inspiring an organization to achieve and exceed its objectives
- Strong project management skills and ability to complete projects on time
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to translate analytic data into strategic ideas
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Fosters and builds a collaborative working relationship with various stakeholders
- Ability to challenge the various stakeholders involved in a project –
- meets internal and external customer expectations;
- delivers upon commitments;
- build customer confidence;
- follows through on requests gaining trust and respect
- Proven track record building and developing talent that has the business acumen and technical capability to deliver world-class products, differentiated customer experiences, strategic partnerships, and sustainable ecosystems.
- Strong experience in scoping and writing statements of work, producing project estimates, developing timelines and project plans, drafting functional specifications, and financial tracking
- Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Deals with problems as they arise, focusing energy and resources on those situations until resolved; identifies new opportunities and takes action; takes on new responsibilities when needed
- Results Focus - can be counted on to meet or exceed goals; pushes self and others for results; is a conscientious worker who can be relied upon to handle unforeseen obstacles