At Thomson Reuters, you will play a key role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business—and your career.
The Director of Digital Commerce Operations is part of the Digital Commerce Platform team which is responsible for creating and supporting digital commerce experiences that delight our customers and enable them to grow their businesses.
About the Digital Team
The Digital Team is playing a pivotal role in helping to transform Thomson Reuters into a truly Digital company. We aren’t just changing the way customers engage with us, we are transforming and re-imagining our business, by focusing on the individual user. We are looking for curious, smart, self-driven digital professionals who love the challenge of turning complex problems and constraints into innovative, easy-to-use solutions that delight our customers. Our team promotes an agile, collaborative and supportive environment. Our work focuses on a large portfolio of transformational efforts as we collaborate to deliver on the promise of making it easy to do business with Thomson Reuters.
About the Role
We are looking for a Director of Digital Commerce Operations who can help guide our digital transformation journey.
- We are seeking a leader with passion who is prepared to roll up their sleeves and make things happen. You will bring an entrepreneurial perspective and a customer mindset, ensuring our solutions are optimized to service and delight our customers.
- Through your work as part of the Enterprise Digital Office, you’ll ensure customers are easily able to find the products and services that meet their needs, and seamlessly try, buy or renew TR solutions that help them realize their goals.
- As a Director, you will develop a comprehensive and bold vision, strategy, and roadmap for our digital commerce operations, and set key business objectives (OKRs) for your area.
- You will guide and motivate others to help you achieve your team’s goals.
- Production Support
- Establish a clear operating vision, effective business processes and digital metric reporting rhythm and dashboards for overseeing, managing and reporting on production digital commerce sites based on industry best practices and TR’s digital vision.
- Identify opportunities to improve the customer’s digital commerce experience through effective and proactive monitoring of key commerce sites and by leveraging digital analytics, e.g. by tracking cart conversions and checkout conversion rate to identify potential issues.
- Coordinate with various teams to triage issues, raise support tickets where needed, analyze root cause, and assist in efficient resolution of all production process issues – especially those impacting the customer experience.
- Track and manage issues through to resolution, ensuring that resolutions are subject to appropriate production-level quality assurance tests and that key findings are reported on and applied.
- Develop effective relationships with key internal business customers and act as a proactive communicator and an effective liaison between business and development stakeholders.
- Coordinate with IT groups and external vendors and ensure effective application services to ensure reliability of all applications (and sites?).
- Identify, facilitate and oversee prioritization of intake processes for break / fix and enhancement requests for digital commerce operations.
- Facilitate daily standup meetings to manage open issues and ensure appropriate, cross-functional actions are taken.
- Collaborate with Journey teams to prioritize future enhancements to the customer experience (customer and business).
- Establish appropriate operational service levels and ensure that these are adhered to by the Operations and Content teams within the workflow/process.
At the end of the day, we’re looking for individuals who will enable Thomson Reuters to think big, make it simple, and move fast.
You’re a fit for the role if you have:
- 10+ years of experience working in digital commerce operations for a B2B or B2C digital platform supporting multiple products and features.
- Excellent problem-solving skills – you will excel at resolving problems encountered by users, whether these require only quick fixes or major collaborative efforts across various departments.
- Customer service – communicate effectively with stakeholders, paying attention to their concerns and providing clear, regular updates for issues and ongoing requests.
- Tenacity and attention to detail – in establishing processes and reporting mechanisms, creating documentation and tracking and managing errors through to resolution.
- Multi-tasking – strong ability to handle technical issues involving multiple stakeholders at the same time, while balancing other responsibilities such as writing reports and managing other day-to-day responsibilities.
- Inspire others to achieve challenging goals and high standards of performance in pursuit of the organization’s vision.
- Foster a sense of urgency to achieve goals and leverage resources to overcome barriers and obstacles.
- Demonstrate a high say/do ratio and hold others to the same.
- Proven ability to take initiative within a large, matrix organization to build strong, productive relationships based on excellent communication and A+ interpersonal skills.
- History of partnering and collaborating with architects and engineers.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve bold strategic goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment and able to flex between multiple workstreams.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in easy-to-understand terminology.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to articulate and evangelize a strategy at every level of the organization.
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with large teams to achieve a common goals.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional team(s) without formal authority. Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management.
What’s in it For You:
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth - ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
Flexibility: We've been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier