Start Your Journey With Us Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
As a member of the Global Digital Platforms and Emerging Products team, this role contributes a high level of specialized knowledge in digital strategy and supportsdigital objectives and priorities across our shared enterprise platforms, including Marriott Enterprise APIs. Responsible for assessing current API capabilities to identify future-state API needs for the enterprise and continent-specific needs and providing strategic guidance to IT on the development of core business strategy for our API platforms.
Education and Experience Preferred:
- 8+ years experience in identify job-specific areas of focus
- Direct management of complex budgets in excess of $2M
- Experience leading shared products or technical platforms.
- 4-yeardegree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Hospitality Management, Technology or related major
- Demonstrated ability to leverage APIs and shared platforms to deliver engaging digitalexperiences
- Demonstrated ability engaging with large scale organizations to advocate for the expansion and application of APIs to increase revenue and meet strategic goals
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading API Platform Advancements for Digital
- Supports a cross-functional team capable of championing and communicating the needs and benefits of the Marriott API platforms.
- Establishes and/or participates in cross-functional forums for the governance of shared platforms.
- Ensures consistent use of enterprise tools to capture requirements, ensure successful delivery and share platform health.
- Partners with IT on the development of a central API strategy for Marriott International; development of this strategy requires this role to lead the initial creation, socialization process and ultimately support the maintainance and execution of the approved strategy.
Supporting Emerging Product & Continent API Needs
- Works with enterprise and IT partners to establish new commercial applications and realize incremental value for API platforms.
- Bridges innovation across emerging and existing Digital products and platforms.
- Oversees the representation of the API strategy and needs across digital and IT roadmaps for planning purposes.
- Oversees strategic digitalpartnerships with external and internal stakeholders.
Manage and conduct Human Resources activities
- Interviews and hires employees.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures that regular, ongoing communication is happening in department (e.g., pre-shift briefings, staff meetings).
- Fosters employee commitment to providing excellent service, participates in daily stand-up meetings and models desired service behaviors in all interactions with guests and employees.
- Incorporates customer satisfaction as a component of staff/operations meetings with an emphasis on generating innovative ways to continually improve results.
- Sets goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds staff accountable for performance goals.
- Solicits employee feedback.
- Utilizes an “open door policy” and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Champions change ensures brand and regional business initiatives are implemented and communicates follow-up actions to team as necessary.
- Identifies talents of direct reports and their teams and assists with their growth and development plans.