The Director, Digital Acquisition Marketing will be responsible for leading DocuSign's global search engine advertising programs to create demand, generate leads, and drive sales. The leader in this role will manage a growing team of digital marketers to develop scalable, predictable programs including paid search as well as emerging channels such as display, mobile, and video advertising. As a data-driven performance marketer, the ideal candidate will collaborate with key stakeholders across global eCommerce and demand generation teams to develop new strategies, launch integrated campaigns, drive continuous optimization, and attain monthly, quarterly, and annual program KPIs.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Digital Acquisition & Website Experience.
- Leadership: Directly manage a growing team of SEM and digital advertising subject matter experts to foster professional growth while achieving monthly, quarterly and annual lead generation and ROI targets.
- Leadership: Create a sense of urgency and drive collaboration with cross-functional partners to deliver the messaging, experiences, tools, and data necessary to continue to outperform our competitors in SEM.
- Strategy: Drive the evolution of SEM programs across DocuSign's growing footprint of new products and services, taking advantage of new segments, markets, and channels to extend reach and deliver top and bottom-line growth.
- Strategy: Collaborate with key stakeholders in global FP&A, Go-to-Market Strategy, eCommerce, and Demand Generation on annual and quarterly planning of a multi-million dollar advertising investment.
- Execution: Nimbly manage, measure, and optimize performance across an evergreen portfolio of keyword-targeted campaigns, while also executing ad hoc strategic campaigns with separate goals and budgets
- Innovation: Identify, test, and operationalize new opportunities in the ever-changing search and digital advertising landscape, including: New platforms, tools, technologies, and approaches to SEM strategy.
- Innovation: Always be testing. Nurture and maintain an always-on approach to experimentation across bidding strategies, ad copy, landing pages, audiences, and more.
- Collaboration: Partner with cross-functional teams spanning eCommerce, Integrated Marketing, Demand Generation, International Marketing, Brand Marketing, Creative, Sales, Product Management, and Engineering to develop and execute strategic initiatives and drive attainment of digital advertising KPIs.
- Analysis & Insights: Partner with business stakeholders to establish clear goals and KPIs, fostering a team culture of accountability and rigor towards business impact.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing
- 10 years experience in digital or performance marketing
- People manager with experience building marketing teams
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, including: Modeling and forecasting, complex performance analysis, and detailed technical troubleshooting in the digital marketing space to drive growth and optimize for efficiency
- Proven track record of leading subject matter experts to attain KPI targets and drive continuous efficiency improvements while working collaboratively with team members from all levels
- Powerful written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage and influence senior management
- Deep understanding of paid search optimization and market dynamics driving cost and return on investment
- Experience with digital marketing platforms and tools, specifically: Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Google Analytics. Familiarity with any of: AdRoll, Apple Ads, Demandbase, Drupal, Eloqua, Facebook Ads, Google Tag Manager, Impact Radius, LiftOff, LinkedIn Advertising, LiveRamp, Optimizely, or QlikSense a plus
- SEO experience a strong plus
- Experience marketing B2B and/or SaaS products a plus
- Experience leading agile marketing teams a plus