We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Director of DevOps to lead our automation efforts across build, continuous integration, release management, continuous delivery, infrastructure provisioning, configuration management, observability and DevSecOps. Working with a team of talented DevOps engineers you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing, and continually evaluating and evolving a highly scalable DevOps toolchain supporting our 12,000+ customers hosted across various data centers and public clouds. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building Qualys' next generation infrastructure automation platform processing over 100 million transactions and terabytes of data per day, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging and business-impacting projects.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of building large, scalable infrastructure, and is a creative thinker, problem solver, teacher, learner, and a fantastic manager of people.
- Own and drive the end-to-end DevOps automation effort with an infrastructure-as-code mindset
- Lead, manage, and hire for the DevOps team with a steady, vibrant, agile, and hands-on leadership approach
- Ensure that you maximize the productivity of your team, especially by foreseeing and resolving obstacles and dependencies before they occur
- Produce high-quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with
- Put in place and enforce best-in-class processes for ensuring high quality and high uptime for DevOps managed platform technologies and microservices developed by the team
- Ensure that technologies based on open source software are regularly maintained and released to production without any downtime
- Ensure collaboration, communication, and proper expectation setting across teams
- Research, evaluate and adopt next-generation technologies
- Participate in architecture reviews related to performance and scalability of products
- 10+ years of hands-on development experience including relevant experience developing SaaS-based software products and solutions for service-oriented deployments in public (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) or private clouds
- 3+ years of experience with managing high-performance teams
- 5+ years of experience in the field of data center infrastructure management (Linux/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices)
- Ability to lead and influence team members to forge consensus on technical discussions including architectural and design guidelines, code reviews, release process, etc.
- Have built scalable SaaS platforms utilizing microservices and distributed systems architecture
- Applied principles of site reliability engineering for monitoring and alerting of applications
- In-depth experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Strong programming background in Java, Groovy, Python or Golang
- Strong in data structures and algorithms
- Strong analytical and debugging skills
Bonus Points if you have:
- Built a technology platform from the ground up
- Expertise in building automation tools in any of the programming languages such as Java, Groovy, Python or Golang
- Experience with search engines like Elasticsearch
- Experience with message-oriented middleware such as Kafka
- Expertise with RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle)
- Experience with NoSQL databases (preferably Cassandra)
- Experience with in-memory caching using Redis, Memcached, etc.
- Experience with container and orchestration technologies such as Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Graphite, Grafana, and Prometheus
- Experience with HashiCorp technologies such as Consul, Vault, Terraform and Vagrant
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Experience with Maven, Ant or Gradle for builds