About The Role
OneLogin Engineering organization is constantly pushing itself to accelerate performance and optimize productivity. We are looking for a DevOps Director with a passion for making development teams more efficient and productive, and has the wisdom and know how to create an infrastructure to support a truly world-class software development team. Candidates should be hands-on, passionate, results-oriented, creative technical leaders that will own, define, architect, build and integrate scalable environments, tools, and processes. They should understand software development for large scale distributed services, thrive in a fast-paced environment, be eager to take on new responsibilities, and have a track record of delivering high quality, mission-critical systems.
As the leader of our DevOps team, you will lead a talented and nimble group of highly technical engineers that create innovative ways to enable developers to easily and quickly author high-quality software. Successful candidates will be obsessed with operational excellence and will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of improving the efficiency of the development process. OneLogin DevOps team requires creative engineering balanced with high-quality deliverables and strong customer-focused solutions.
This position reports to the VP of Engineering
- Collaborate with development teams to understand the organizations' vision and requirements
- Work with peers and management to understand technical requirements, priorities and processes, and to consistently improve developerexperience, process efficiency and infrastructure performance while providing 24X7 global availability
- Design, implement and roll out solutions that leverage the integration of home-grown, open source, and 3rd party solutions to provide a high-performing CI/CD pipeline that fits with the development teams’ needs as well as OneLogin long-term strategy
- Provide strategic direction and continuously improve a delivery pipeline for a multi-site development team including source code repository, build solutions, continuous integration/delivery infrastructure, test frameworks, packaging/container and deployment tools
- Establish processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including validation rules, branch/merge processes, and adherence to security and compliance requirements
- Investigate and recommend best practices for maintaining code quality, including the development of code metrics, code review workflows, code coverage measurement and the efficient use of static and dynamic analysis
- Influence and drive operational excellence best practices within the organization
- Influence the team’s technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to the team’s priorities and approach. Make a significant contribution to team planning
- Actively mentor junior developers and train experienced engineers, improving their skills, knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- 12+ years relevant work experience
- Proficiency in at least one programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- Experience with modern development tools such as Git, Mercurial, Jenkins, Gerrit, Crucible, Confluence, Jira, Bamboo.
- Admin-level experience supporting and developing Linux and Microsoft-based environments
- Admin-level experience in infrastructure and network (DNS, DHCP, NTP, LB, etc.)
- Proficiency in IaaS for cloud (AWS) and on-prem (VMWare, OpenStack, etc.) solutions
- Experience with Configuration Management frameworks such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Solid experience with security protocols (SSL, SSH, SFTP, etc.)
- Experience with containers stacks and orchestration (Docker, Docker-swarm, Kubernetes/K8S, Mesos, Rancher)
Our core values
- Integrity - As a security company, integrity is our highest priority. We deliver on our commitments and treat customers, partners and colleagues equally
- Innovation - Innovation is in our DNA and we always try to look ahead of the curve and think smarter, faster, bigger and better
- Excellence - We strive for excellence and quality in everything that we do in order to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Urgency - We live in a real-time world where the marketplace is fiercely competitive and customers expect instant gratification. We operate with extreme urgency to address customer needs and resolve issues promptly
- Customers for life - First and foremost, we are here to serve our customers. We take a long-term view of customer relationships and focus on building long-term value
- Great place to work - Create a work environment of transparency, trust and professional challenges that attract the best possible people