Reporting to the VP, National Planning and Quality Assurance, this role is responsible for running the Device Validation & Quality Assurance Lab. The primary role will be to ensure all devices are validated to meet or exceed our quality standards. The team is responsible for the Device Acceptance process and this position will be responsible for ensuring all devices move thru the Validation and FUT processes in a timely manner and results in a quality solution for distribution. Furthermore, this team will provide Device post-launch supporting is solving customer defects and validating Maintenance Releases to fix those issues, with an overall goal of reducing device costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
What you'll do in your role.
- Partner with OEMs in bring new devices to market on time with quality. The team will take requirements from Terminal Requirements Document for each device and ensure all requirements have been met before providing Terminal Acceptance to the OEM. This will require coordinating validation activities across OEM Labs, T-Mobile's Device Lab, 3rd party testing partners and Friendly User Trials.
- Execute test plans in the T-Mobile Device lab quickly and efficiently to identify and root cause issues in the lab before the device is launched. To ensure efficiency and speed, the team will continue to automate regression test execution to ensure the teams can focus on developing quality around new technologies.
- Partner with internal teams like Device Ranging, Device Design, Procurement, Care and Sales to ensure the end to end device life cycle is high quality. Key business goals like providing lower quality devices at lower price points must be balanced with ensuring an acceptable user experience. This position must provide leadership on this issue.
- Monitor device defects post launch and identify issues, determine root cause and validate fixes. Key metrics of success will be device performance on the network, customer complaints, device returns and overall device satisfaction.
- Budget and Resource Plan (CAPEX and OPEX) all needs for the lab and team.
The experience you'll bring.
- Significant amount of experience leading high performing technology teams
- OEM management experience for a variety of manufactures, setting high expectations for quality, innovation and speed
- Expansive wireless technology experience with operating systems and chipsets
- Track record of delivering projects on a tight timeline on budget; able to effectively manage a large number of simultaneous initiatives and set of deliverables
- Experience building and managing large-scale, complex and flexible product development
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field is required and a Masters degree is a plus