Director, Device Repair Operations
Responsible for developing a vision, direction, strategy, and planning and execution, of the Operations organization in meeting the goals of the company. Develops and manages budgeting and budget execution with a focus on product repair costs and delivery dates. Ensures capabilities, standards and methodologies for repair, intellectual property, and sales support. Manages utilization of equipment, facilities and personnel to obtain maximum efficiency and meet performance objectives. Oversees and has direct accountability for repair processes and quality objectives in a designated facility with a focus on one or more product categories. Responsible for all employees’, processes, functions, results, and facility management at a designated facility. Implements and monitors standards of SOX compliance in designated location for company inventories which may include products, repair components, and pre-owned inventories.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department Supervisors, Team Leaders, and/or Managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing change.
- Ensures that, as the company grows, repair capabilities meet or exceed all industry and customer requirements for cost, quality and turnaround times.
- Communicates proactively with Executive Management and other key leaders to identify and recommend opportunities to enable efficiencies and generate opportunities for business growth.
- Plays an active role in senior-level negotiations with client companies and supplier repair partners.
- Develops manpower requirements needed to meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Prepares budgets and approves expenditures for the Operation’s Organization including operational and capital expenses.
- Manages inventory and assets of operations.
- Manages project priorities and coordinates the projects from development through implementation, including workforce planning, staffing requirements, work plans, deadlines, completeness, and adherence to established policies, procedures and standards.
- Secures, develops, and promotes the intellectual property of the Operations Organization and the organization as a whole.
- Ensures support and training of technical information and engineering abilities to the sales and marketing staff as related to customer interactions.
- Ensures category standardization through Lean initiatives.
- Provides input for departmental budget and works to manage operational and capital expenses in order to meet budget.
- Improves the development processes, tools, and methodologies in all departments.
- Assist and promotes in sharing of repair knowledge, tools, processes and part usage among the repair facilities.
- Assists and advises senior management with load leveling of repair volume between facilities involving repair operations.
- Drives the development processes, tools, and methodologies in all departments.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering General
- Master's Degree in Business or Engineering General
- Fifteen (15) years’ experience in an operations service environment in a leadership position.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional Customer service in a business environment.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with senior levels of management and provide direction to facilities to identify and drive revenue opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a budget, control inventory, and analyze/utilize metric data to ensure production and profitability targets are met.
- Ability to gather and analyze data, propose solutions and develop action plans to address.
- Computer skills, including use of Microsoft applications, intranet, and reporting tools.
- Understands risks of working in a highly regulated industry
- Excellent Communication skills, including verbal, listening, written and training presentation.