T33048 - Director Development
Job Profile Summary:Secures philanthropic gifts through a process of identifying, qualifying, strategizing, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding major gift prospects.
- Identifies individual major gift prospects using various databases, trustees, physicians and other staff members.
- Develops cultivation and solicitation strategies for each individual.
- Establishes a program of personal visits with past, current and prospective donors.
- Advises donors as to the financial options available, Foundation projects and needs. Achieves significant individual fundraising goals.
- Develops funding proposals.
- Meets monthly and yearly metrics with respect to prospect and donor visits, solicitations and dollars raised.
- Supervises and mentors Associate Directors as directed by the Senior Director or the Vice Chairman.
- Completes transfer of funds, property, etc. to the Cleveland Clinic.
- Coordinates stewardship reports to communicate with donors concerning the use of their gifts.
- Assists with projects, events and programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree required.
Certifications: None required.
Complexity of Work:
- Requires strong communication skills, critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain friendly and cooperative relations with corporate executives, donors and staff physicians.
- Must be able to perform well in a collaborative environment.
- Minimum of five years of experience in fund-raising, direct solicitation and capital campaign environment.
- An Advanced Degree and/or five years of experience in sales, marketing or related field may offset total years of experience.
- Demonstrated success and experience in major gifts fund-raising strategies for cultivation and direct solicitation.
- Knowledge of planned giving vehicles preferred.
- Requires the ability to sit and be stationary for prolonged periods of time, normal or corrected vision and manual dexterity sufficient to perform work on a personal computer.
- Requires the ability to walk to various locations throughout the Cleveland Clinic and function in a stressful environment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.