The Director, Land Acquisition is responsible for managing all phases of the land acquisition process for Erickson Living in markets across the U.S. The Director of Land Acquisition works with other land acquisition team members as well as the Business Development, Entitlements, Market Intelligence, and Development teams to locate and drive land acquisition opportunities for the development of large scale Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs).
How you will make an impact:
- Play an active role in land acquisition planning process, including market and sub-market selection and developing tactical plan for each target market.
- Diligently search for, screen, and generate prospective land acquisition deals through networking with industry and local contacts, brokers, land owners, title companies, developers, engineers, builders, and other deal sources.
- Complete ongoing tracking and reporting of all pertinent activity related to land acquisition in each target market.
- Maintain knowledge and awareness of local market activities, trends, opportunities, transactions, and upcoming acquisition opportunities in target markets.
- Assist in the compilation and analysis of data and preparation and presentation of reports to senior management for approval of land offers.
- Identify and evaluate most appropriate land comparable to determine property values and purchase offer ranges.
- Prepare and negotiate letters of intent and respond to requests for qualifications in competitive bid situations.
- Identify and secure best prices and terms on property that conforms to enterprise business plan and financial objectives.
What we offer:
- A "career for life" approach to professional and personal development for our greatest asset, our employees.
- A culture of diversity and inclusion, which builds on our values, vision and mission.
- Onsite wellness visits and sick care available for all employees over 18 years of age
- Tuition reimbursement, certification reimbursement and student loan refinancing partnership programs are available.
- Exceptional medical, dental, vision, 401K and concierge employee health and wellness programs.
- PTO and Volunteer Hours
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant major, to include Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Architecture, Land Planning, and Real Estate.
- MBA preferred.
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience in land acquisition and entitlements or related development experience is required.
- National or regional scope of experience is preferred.
- Real estate agent’s or broker’s license a plus