About the job
As the Director of Developer Relations for Google Cloud, you will have the opportunity to lead a team and build tools that solve real developer/user problems in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
- Develop creative, innovative, technical solutions that solve problems that developers face today.
- Gain credibility by working with engineering and product teams, as well as the broader developer community.
- Serve as a leader in the Cloud developer relations group with an understanding of the Cloud ecosystem.
- Motivate and inspire the team as a leader and guide the team to solve complex technical problems in real time.
- Attend and participate in public speaking events and conferences in order to gain credibility with a highly technical audience. Be a key face/voice for the Google Cloud platform and ecosystem to the broader community.
- 10 years of experience in managing technical teams of 25 people or more.
- Experience working on major platforms and ecosystems.
- Experience with Developer Relations (Dev/Rel).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or a related technical field.
- Experience managing a large DevRel organization for a successful platform.
- Deep understanding of developer strategy and platform needs.
- Ability to partner with executive leadership across engineering and product organizations.
- Ability to partner with sister developer organizations to manage a "One Google" narrative.