Franklin Fueling Systems is the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. We have a passion for quality and innovation.
Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for directing the staffing and resources for product design and testing, as well as other engineering activities for global product lines. Assesses the feasibility of projects, sets goals, coordinates specifications and procedures, and provides administrative oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads product design, development, validation, and production support efforts for multiple product lines.
- Directs the work and priorities of multiple engineering groups, typically in global product lines.
- Develops and implements engineering resource and product lines.
- Develops and implements technology plans.
- Establishes technical direction for engineering tools and practices.
- Manages engineering design and release activities to meet projects' cost, performance, and timing commitments.
- Leads implementation of engineering standard practices as defined by theFranklin Electric Product Development Process.
- Leads implementation of Computer Aided Engineering and simulation tools, design reviews, DFMEA, and validation planning.
- Strengthens linkage within the global engineering organization and ensures coordination with the business line and manufacturing organizations.
- Manages engineering budget development and spending forecasts for thedepartment.
- Directs, reviews, and approves product design and changes.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Presents and explains proposals, reports, and findings to customers and internal audiences.
- Sets scientific and technical goals within broad outlines.
- Develops and manages the department budget. Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
- Tracks project performance. Identifies and resolves problems.
- Performs site investigation for cause and origin determination.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
- Supervises supervisory and non-supervisory employee(s).
- Interviewing and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding, and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Working with Human Resources on employee issues.
LocationMadison, WIFull-Time/Part TimeFull-timeRequirements
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knows and predicts of physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information bybreaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the generalpublic, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations ofroutine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related technical field (required).
- Ten or more years of related experience in mechanical or electronic components and systems validation (preferred).
- Master's degree in a relevant field could substitute for years of experience.
- Experience in international/global project implementation (preferred).
- Three or more years of supervisory and management experience (required).
- Intermediate: Database, programming languages, spreadsheet.
- Basic: Word processing/typing, presentation/PowerPoint.