Directs, plans, and organizes the design and construction of high profile and complex organization facilities projects involving multiple facilities. Directs the performance of capital projects from inception to implementation within the approved schedule and budget.
- Leads a Design & Construction group by communicating with and developing staff members, and building consensus for programs and goals that support a business, function or geographic area.
- Develops and articulates a short-term strategic vision for areas of responsibility.
- Defines, directs and communicates project vision, program and scope and allotment of resources for all phases of the project; directs and approves project schedules and budgets; oversees development of project quality standards and selection of construction delivery method; develops and submits funding requests (Project Charter).
- Consults with the leadership in selection of construction delivery method; selects builders, architects and project consultants and awards construction contracts.
- Manages consultants, contractors, vendors and other businesses on behalf of the client to effectively plan, organize and control the project; leads pre-construction kick-off meetings with project team and site engineering staff; ensures that the construction contractor is familiar with organization guidelines for construction, safety, etc.
- Monitors construction progress and ensures that consultants and staff monitor the quality of work; directs the activities of assigned project staff.
- Ensures that project team members complete assignments in accordance with the project schedule; oversees and approves all project expenditures; forecasts possible cost events and potential impact on the project budget.
- Leads project team meetings and documents and distributes meeting minutes; selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Represents Physical Assets - Facilities to all internal customers, clients, organization staff, vendors and consultants to control project progress and ensure quality outcomes.
- Liaises with hospital leadership and stakeholders, to manage the development of projects; prepares monthly project progress reports and advises the client on project status.
- Ensures and maintains high level of communication between stakeholders and project staff; partners with the leadership to ensure efficient use of resources, conduct alternative design studies and prepares briefing materials, progress reports and standard PSR's.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 8-12 years of relevant experience and 7+ years of leadership / management experience, required.