Director, Demand Planning
FTD Companies, Inc. (Nasdaq:FTD) is in search of a Director, Demand Planning to join our world class team. We are an industry leading, $1.3B ecommerce platform that generates shipments of over 60K per hour during our busiest week. This is a company that not only gives you the ability to champion innovative solutions but also invests in you and your teams. If this is you, you can enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, bonus, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan) while still enjoying a relaxed work environment (shorts and sandals welcome, onsite gym with classes).
What you will contribute:
- Develop brand, category and SKU level sales and inventory plans which support the merchandising, marketing and financial objectives.
- Analyze historical data and current trends to identify sales and inventory opportunities and risks for categories and SKUs.
- Develop top-level brand sales and purchase plans with merchandise and marketing inputs.? Summarize and present top-level brand rollup plans to senior management.
- Plan and manage the seasonal planning rollup process for brand and assigned categories by aligning the SKU level plans to the top level sales objectives. ?
- Recommend SKU purchase amounts based on trend analysis, lead times, weeks of supply and risk/reward considerations. ?
- Collaborate cross functionally with merchandise and sourcing partners to develop SKU plans, review currents trends and meet seasonal calendar due dates.
- Coordinate with cross-functional partners and vendors to manage product through the supply chain to ensure timely delivery and achieve in stock goals.
- Manage the brand and category level open to buy by aligning the receiving and inventory plans to the forecasted sales levels.?
- Recommend actions to optimize inventory turn and margin based on current trends.? Summarize and report category and brand level open to buy status to business partners each month.
- Assure that the planning systems are accurately updated with the current season's SKU forecasts, future season's plans and proper lead times. Assign and monitor the forecast accuracy of the selling curves within the planning systems.
- Develop inventory liquidation plans to proactively manage through excess inventory efficiently to achieve the highest margin and cost recovery.
- Recommend pricing actions to optimize margin and manage supply to demand.
- Partner with merchandise, sourcing and marketing partners to identify category opportunities and formulate strategies to improve category profitability.
- Manage the work priorities of the inventory planners and assistant planners to meet the workflow requirements, calendar deadlines and team objectives.
- Coach and develop the inventory planners and assistant planners in achieving assigned goals and progressing in their career objectives.
- Present product and category status updates on a weekly basis to SCO core team.
- Improve product planning and forecasting processes. Identify improvement opportunities, marshal resources and drive projects to completion to achieve targeted measurable benefits.
- Work closely with the Finance team to manage and build the Monthly Budgeting process with respect to SCO costs.
- Alignment of demand and supply -- take a leadership role in defining the models required to appropriately align demand and supply, take an oversight position on demand, supply, inventory and develop and implement the appropriate S&OP cadence
- Responsible for all aspects of service performance, cost and inventory.
- Capable of engaging with senior level leadership teams.
- Inventory Management -- Understand and maintain the minimum necessary inventory and report when required on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio against inventory targets
- Understand, identify and challenge safety stock levels, manufacturing lead-times, etc as part of meeting customer needs
- Generate and present daily / weekly / monthly reports and metrics as appropriate.
- Work on challenging assignments with clearly defined business objectives, solving problems and supporting the needs of our Customers
- Ensure business objectives involving increase in customer service, decrease in cost, improved inventory turns, and improved customer engagement are targeted and achieved while at the same time delivering on our quality commitments
- The role will involve a balanced approach between the strategic and tactical elements of our business
- Development and Implementation of the appropriate cadence processes that enable effective communication across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
What we seek:
- 5+ years of experience in retail inventory management.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience with planning systems such as Just Enough.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative analytical skills with a technical understanding of retail math and inventory management concepts.
- The ability to summarize data logically and communicate information and recommendations clearly to all appropriate contacts. Comfortable presenting findings and recommendations to senior management.
- Team player, comfortable in building effective cross functional relationships with business partners.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills to strategically manage and drive positive financial results for assigned categories.
- Flexibility to work in a fast paced, changing environment with multiple priorities.
- Passionate and accountable for delivering a high standard of results.
- The perspective to think globally and strategically and make objective decisions in the best interests of the business and customer.??????????????? ?
- Proactive and persistent in addressing challenges and in developing innovative processes and solutions.
- The ability to clearly define goals and motivate associates to perform with high standards of excellence.
- The ability to think both strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- A working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities and business savvy.
- Exert tactful influence and negotiate problem resolution in a matrixed organization.
- Comfortable presenting to executive management.
What we offer:
- An environment of positive change--where you can truly make a difference
- Enjoy all the benefits of working for a publicly traded company (stock purchase plan, flexible hours and a healthy vacation plan).
- A relaxed, casual work environment.
- The blending of cultures across multiple cities and 3 continents where you can be part of helping shape our future.
- A "flat" organization where you will spend time with business leaders, managers, developers, product management and executive leadership.
Come join our team and be part of an exciting transformation! At FTD you will have a broader impact on the overall growth of the business. Consider joining one of the few companies outside of Silicon Valley able to offer development of a high-traffic ecommerce platform receiving upwards of 40K customer purchases an hour.
Come give FTD a look! This position will be based in our San Diego, CA location. We are an incredibly open and welcoming company--come join our family!
Company Description FTD Companies, Inc. is a premier floral and gifting company. Through our diversified family of brands, we provide floral and gift products to consumers primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. We also provide floral products and services to retail florists and other retail locations throughout these same geographies. Our diversified portfolio of brands includes the following trademarks: Interflora, ProFlowers®, Shari's Berries®, Personal Creations, Cherry Moon Farms, Sincerely and Gifts.com.
FTD's mission is to inspire, support and delight our customers when expressing life's most important sentiments. We strive to be the leading and most trusted floral and gifting company in the world.
Director, Demand Planning #679