We are assisting a rapidly growing young company based in the Boston, MA area that is building its Marketing team. The company is looking for a seasoned, hands-on Director of Demand Generation Marketing professional to be the lead expert on all demand generation marketing initiatives. This is a senior level individual contributor role reporting into a CMO. There will be no direct reports at least in the short-term. Our client is looking for a strong “thinker” and “do-er.”
As a key, senior member of the Marketing team, you will shape and guide the overall marketing and go to market strategy. You will research and determine the most appropriate means to generate awareness and interest among potential buyers. You will then develop and run campaigns across traditional, digital, social, major and regional events, account based marketing, and inbound channels. You will work withmarketing automation, sales force automation, and demand generation tools to regularly monitor and measure program effectiveness.
· Develop and execute on demand generation strategy created by you
· Content: collaborate with product marketing and otherinternal stakeholders to build high quality campaign content.
· Operations: manage the marketing automation platform (Marketo) and associated tools, including integration with sales force automation platform (Salesforce.com)
· Measurement: continually measure, analyze, and report on programs across a variety of metrics, including leads, opportunities, cost per lead, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
· BA/BS degree; Master’s degree nice to have
· Minimum of 5-7 plus years of enterprise software demand generation experience.
· Experience across breadth of demand generation mix: inbound, digital, social, events, account based marketing
· Highly creative – ability to think outside the box to find new ways to generate interest and excitement amongst prospective customers
· Strong analytical skills – ability to measure, analyze, understand and present data to measure program effectiveness and validate strategy and spend
· CRM (Salesforce.com) and marketing automation (Marketo) experience.
· Willing to travel up to 20%.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with technical and non-technical staff, customers, and partners.
· Startup experience – and the ability to operate in fast-paced, dynamic environments
Reference # 8020 - Larry Kahn, Vice President of Recruiting