T-Mobile Device & Supply Chain is looking for a top-notch director for Demand Forecasting. The team's primary charter is to deliver data-driven, advanced statistically robust SKU-level weekly device sales forecasts and weekly device returns and replacement demands. The forecast will be consumed by supply chain planning, marketing promotion teams, finance teams and OEM negotiations. The forecasts must incorporate seasonality, promo lifts, Un-carrier value propositions, different pricing constructs and T-Mobile ATL/BTL messaging. The organization will be the enterprise go-to team for promo financial management and lift quantification. It will serve as the advisory group for OEM management and Inventory planning by accurately predicting sales volumes driven by different device sales promotion constructs.
You will lead a group of highly skilled data scientists who are well-versed in supply chain planning to deliver accurate weekly forecasts with agility. A successful candidate also must have deep forecasting operations leadership experience with a strong statistical background.
What you'll do in your role.
- Be the functional owner for weekly SKU-level device sales and reverse demand and supply forecast with first-class accuracy
- Lead system build for necessary demand forecast
- Lead promo lift quantification analytics
- Lead accessory demand forecasts
- Lead analytics on drivers for handset protection claim demand
- Develop new approaches to continue to increase accurate forecasting, such as with machine learning
- Being lead liaison with OEM management VP and senior director, OEM VPGMs, director and above leaders in Commercial, marketing, finance and sales organizations
- Provide SVP, VP and Sr. Director leadership of Device & Supply Chain strategic insights for optimized decision making
- Guide and develop a high functioning team of Data Scientists
The experience you'll bring.
- 5+ years executive supply chain demand forecasting leadership experience in a Fortune 500 retailer
- 10+ years of professional experience in leading statistical analysis
- 5+ years of experience managing highly skilled analytics leaders
- Strong executive presence with a high-degree of effectiveness communicating complex concepts to Senior Leaders.
- Relevant experience preferred in one or more of the following (or related) categories: telecommunications, retail, subscription services, consumer electronics, banking, economics
- Ability to think through multiple levels of impact in highly complex and highly inter-dependent large-scale businesses.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to convey business and technical concepts to both subject matter experts and non-technical professionals.
- Deep experience in communicating via Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Strong grasp of financial drivers, experience in managing return on investment objectives.
- Broad understanding of program management concepts and tools, including technical, innovation process, product management, financial and operations functions.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics or similar discipline required; A graduate degree in quantitative discipline strongly preferred