- Function as a key member of the research organization and be the person who knows everything about oligonucleotide delivery.
- Use your knowledge of oligo delivery to help guide a deeper understanding of and identify delivery solutions.
- Partner with other groups within research and development to help facilitate lead identification, optimization and development candidate nomination.
- Identify advisors and collaborators to help drive innovation in oligo delivery.
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve and advance delivery.
- Serve as a role model and foster a scientifically rigorous, open and supportive scientific environment.
- Effectively communicate scientific planning, progress and results to constituencies within and outside of Korro.
- Communicate status updates and program issues to appropriate team members.
- Ph.D. in a relevant biological or chemical science.
- 10+ years of experience in solving complex problems in discovery or drug development, preferably in a biotech environment.
Other Knowledge, Experience or Skills Recommended
- Demonstrated accomplishment in the field of nucleic acids through publications and presentations and/or a track record in industry.
- Ideally have experience in all methods of oligonucleotide delivery including LNPs, oligo conjugates and other modes of delivery.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with oligonucleotide delivery strategies.
- Experience with oligonucleotide pharmacology.
- Must be able to coordinate activities and integrate information across different functional groups including cell biology, pharmacology and chemistry.
- Demonstrates a proactive and collaborative philosophy and a hands-on approach to getting things done.
- Excellent written and communication skills to a variety of levels/teams- internally and externally.
- Must be able to identify and cultivate relationships with advisors and collaborators.
- Experienced in the delivery of oligo-based therapeutics to liver and other tissues with a proven track record of successfully solving drug delivery challenges would be ideal.
- Enthusiasm for being a hands-on manager with a passion for getting things done, no matter what it takes.