What you’ll do
As a DEI champion
- Evolve and oversee the DEI strategy by providing expertise, thought leadership, and best practices to drive all DEI initiatives and deliver on our DEI OKRs.
- Lead our DEI employee-led group 23andWe with over 90 active members, to accomplish specific goals across a broad spectrum of DEI initiatives.
- Analyze and present relevant metrics and insights to the business to drive the focus and execution of People & DEI strategy.
- Design and implement talent management processes and systems to increase diversity and sense of belonging. Help build diverse pipelines and candidate pools.
- Collaborate with other functions (Workplace, Comms, etc) to help foster our inclusive workplace culture.
- Coach, mentor, and support employees, managers, and leaders on DEI.
As a People Business Partner
- Build and cultivate strong partnerships with senior leaders on organizational and people-related strategies.
- Support the business with organizational change and development, influencing leaders to address complex organizational design issues where required for business success.
- Advise, guide and coach leaders at all levels within 23andMe to navigate the complexities of managing teams, managing career development, developing a high performance culture, providing conflict resolution strategies, etc.
- Provide candid feedback about talent moves, gaps, promotions, and growth opportunities.
- Work with managers and employees to address employee relations issues, fairly representing all interests.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of HR / HRBP experience in roles of increasing complexity and scope.
- You are a subject matter expert, with demonstrated experience in leading the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion function.
- You are excellent at coaching and development, change management, and organizational design.
- Extensive experience influencing business leaders individually and collectively. You have courage to propose solutions others are reluctant to address, act in the face of resistance and advocate for the best interests of the organization.
- A strategic mindset, but can also focus on tactical and operational issues. You are comfortable both rolling up your sleeves to get things done and being part of deeply complex strategic discussions.
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment where change and ambiguity are common.
- A broad network of DEI community partners and organizations.
- A deep sense of empathy. You connect well with employees of all levels and backgrounds, and have the ability to flex your style to build trust and rapport.
- Significant experience handling sensitive employee relations matters with tact, diplomacy, and compassion.
- A passion for innovative HR solutions & creating diverse and inclusive environments.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills. Highly collaborative style and desire to work as a team with a results-driven approach.