This position is responsible for leading and managing the engineering team conducting the planning, development and execution of all “lean” process improvement initiatives for the DC network. This function is also responsible for all engineered labor standards and process control documentation to ensure consistency in processes wherever possible across the network. Additional responsibilities for this role includes design support for the installation of new equipment for modifications made to current material handling design processes or changes to the warehouse management system. Finally, the position serves as the subject matter expert for Supply Chain on the Lean methodology for potential application to improve functionality, decrease costs or remove waste on Distribution or Cross-Functional projects.
- Leads the process improvement initiatives across the network, from creating the general improvement ideas and concepts with collaborative help from various departments through “Kaizen” meetings, to following the DMAIC process all the way through to project completion. Responsible for tracking individual project progress and reporting results to senior management.
- Manages the engineered labor standards and document control programs
- Is periodically called upon to apply the “lean” methodology as part of cross functional teams to address a specific network issue needing resolution. Plays the lead role in working with department heads to take the issue from definition, through auditing and controlling the results.
- Provides support to the Network Strategy team in the design and implementation of new engineering/capital projects.
- Analysis & Judgement
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- B.S. degree in STEM with Industrial/Systems Engineering preferred equivalent field or proven experience in engineering field
- Master’s degree in STEM curriculumpreferred
- 14years related engineering experience; retaildistribution operations preferred
- Minimum of Green Belt certification in Lean, Black Beltpreferred (or equivalent experience)
- Project Management (PMP) certification preferred along with proven project management experience
- Ability to successfully interface with all levels and areas of the organization and provide clear and concise project summaries
- Ability to lead complex cross-functional strategic projects, facilitate Kaizens, utilize and teach DMAIC techniques, and effectively drive value and change within organization
- Must be skilled in use of Microsoft suites of Office products, specifically MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project; Expert level preferred
- Travel between 25-50% of the time in support of leading change across the DC network
Requirements: Consistent timeliness and regular attendance. Job requires ability to work in an office environment, primarily on a computer. The job also requires sitting, standing, walking, talking on the telephone, attending in-person meetings, typing, and working with paper/files, etc.
Occasional Requirements: Job occasionally requires bending, kneeling, reaching, and lifting up to 10 pounds.
May also require occasional driving and/or traveling overnight for business functions or site visits.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
Sr. Manager, Process Improvement Engineering
Sr. Manager, Productivity Engineering