Director, Data Warehousing and Data Delivery Solutions
The Director, Data Delivery Solutions is a non-IT yet highly technical and hands on position with accountability for the strategy and implementation of UnityPoint Health?s (UPH) end-to-end analytics/BI platform ? including data posturing and analytic tools on both structured and unstructured data. This is a leadership position requiring the ability to motivate and mentor staff, collaborate with team members, and partner with internal and external business partners. The Director must work across UnityPoint to define and drive projects from initiation to completion as defined within the scope and priorities set by the business, ensuring the adherence to the strategy and sound development practices. He or she will also be a change agent and drive continuous improvement by initiating change and creating an adaptive and energetic environment.
Strategy and Innovation
- Accountable for data strategy ? including consideration of outsourcing and / or insourcing ? and implementation. Includes the rationalization and integration of existing analytics tools and data sources, defined use of operational / unstructured data, structured / warehoused data (including management of the data warehouse), and advanced statistical modeling data management.
- Effectively develops supporting strategies, business cases, execution plans and must be able to communicate complex technical content to non-technical parties.
- Leads and partners with Non-IT and IT functions to define and champion new technologies to improve the efficiency, quality, security and ease of use of our products and services for the broader organization.
- Develops long-term objectives and strategies; translates vision into realistic business strategies.
- Understands the political nature of the organization and works appropriately within it; effectively establishes collaborative relationships and alliances throughout the organization.
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with sources of clinical and financial information across the organization.
- Maintains a working knowledge of UnityPoint Health databases and data sources to accurately and efficiently obtain information
- Develops technical and non-technical data schematics, models (conceptual and physical), training materials, and other heuristics and tools to drive data knowledge throughout the department and broader organization.
- Establishes, maintains, and improves organization-wide data-stewardship, master-data-management (MDM), data dictionaries, and overall knowledge and use of data throughout the organization.
- Understands, prioritizes, and improves (as needed) overall data quality and levels of data quality per uses of that data (e.g. degrees of acceptable quality per uses of that data).
- Ensures appropriate tools and standardized processes are defined and deployed to guide the organization through the efficient and effective utilization of data for informed decision making and business improvement.
- Collaborates with Information Technology, Corporate Analytics Management, and clinical subject matter experts to assure optimal use of information systems in collecting, analyzing and distributing information related to clinical, financial and other outcomes.
- Establishes and prepares departmental goals, standards, procedures, and instructions, which contribute to the effectiveness of the department in accordance with organizational/strategic goals.
- Participates in the development of operational expense and capital budgets.
- Monitors environmental conditions to secure protected health information.
- Change Management - Uses effective strategies to facilitate organizational change initiatives and overcome resistance to change.
- Maintains smooth, effective working relationships; promotes effective teamwork
- Provides direct supervision and leadership to staff to ensure effective, efficient operations, optimizing performance and continually improving quality in a vastly changing health care environment.
- Recruits, trains, and evaluates the performance of team members. Grows and develops leaders as well as specialists / functional experts.
- Plans, establishes and revises work assignments per the priorities of the organization.
- Manages a combination of local and remote resources / team-members, internal partners, and vendors.
- Leads through change and adversity, makes the difficult decision when needed, builds consensus when appropriate, motivates and encourages others.
- Inspires and promotes the UPH vision; persuades and motivates others; skilled at influencing superiors; delegates effectively.
- Builds and maintains working relationships with co-workers and external parties; can negotiate and handle work problems without alienating people; understands others and is able to get their cooperation in non-authority relationships.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely; disseminates information about decisions
- Uses effective listening skills and communication to involve others, build consensus, and influence others in decision making.
- Takes ideas different from own seriously; shares responsibility and collaborates with others; accepts criticism well; doesn't assume a single best way.
- Seeks out experiences that may change perspective or provide an opportunity to learn new things.
- Acts in accordance with stated values; follows through on promises; uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions
- Degree in a Computer Science, Management Information Systems or similar discipline strongly preferred. Similar experience will be considered in lieu of formal degree in the above fields.
- Master degreepreferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a data management, business intelligence or similar technical leadership role
- 5+ years hands-on, enterprise-level business intelligence or similar technical role
- Knowledge in strategic data and technology planning, execution, and development
- Substantial experience managing all types of data across all levels of data integration (e.g. non-integrated system-of-record/SOR data, operational data store / ODS data, historical / integrated data warehouses, SAS / modelling data sets, etc.).
- Substantial experience implementing and managing reporting, analysis and visualization tools including but not limited to OLAP/ROLAP tools (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, etc.), data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Fusion, etc.), and advanced statistical tools (e.g. SAS, R, SPSS, etc.)
- Expert knowledge on relational databases, data platforms, database management, and programming (e.g. SQL, etc.).
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills and ability to work as a team member.
- Requires highly developed communication skills to effectively work with all levels of management throughout UnityPoint Health, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
- Strong understanding of analytical methods, tools, statistics and data management.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Must have extensive knowledge of database, spreadsheet and presentation computer-based applications.
- Must be familiar with healthcare business operations and quality reporting.
- Requires highly developed communication skills to effectively work with all levels of management.
- Ability to continuously display high standards of ethics, honesty, integrity, dependability and judgment.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Previous healthcare management experience.
- Five years work experience in a data analysis position.
- Experience with health care (payor and provider) quality, performance improvement or financial analysis; project management; experience with clinical coding systems such as DRG, ICD and CPT and sound knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to use advanced computer applications to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data.
- Ability to drive sustained and marked improvement to a large organization?s data quality, use, and understanding.
- Ability to segment and appropriately deliver appropriately fitted solutions to a variety of investment levels, uses, users, and quality needs (e.g. accounting quality vs. decision quality)