At Lovesac, we’re committed to helping people fill their homes with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve along with them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals – The World’s Most Adaptable Couch™, to Sacs – The World’s Most Comfortable Seat™, Lovesac products provide peace of mind where others can’t. Our products can adapt to fit almost any space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new way of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfill—which is good for families and our environment.
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Director of Data Technology. As the Director of Data Technology, you own the Enterprise Data Warehouse and will be responsible for its continuous enhancements design, implementation, optimization, and maintenance to provide high-quality data support to the entire Lovesac organization. You may work on sourcing and integrating external data sources as we create business analytics solutions that serve the needs of our organization. You will be expanding and enhancing our data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection. You will share in the ownership of the technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insight products/ services.
This position will report into Corporate Headquarters based Stamford, CT and will require flexibility to work both onsite as well as remote.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture. Oversee data architecture, by selecting the right tools to expand and scale Lovesac’s data pipelines and infrastructure.
- Enhance and maintain the current enterprise data warehouse platform to serve the business needs and ensure scalability.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements for data: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Develop structure within the data warehouse to provide domain-specific data needs via logical structures such as data marts, data lakes, data cubes, etc. Expand data pipelines and architecture to integrate, transform, and ingest new data sources.
- Responsible for building out a next-generation Data Warehouse architecture, designed to ingest and leverage disparate data sources, including social media, streaming events, customer touchpoints (e-mail, showroom, phone, web), contemporary Big Data/Data Lake constructs and concepts.
- Monitor and assess quality of data received from various sources. Develop and implement business logic to produce key metrics for the business owners.
- Perform data scoping activities and develop ETL processes to integrate new data pipelines into the data warehouse. Cognizant of SDLC best practices and standards.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics. Work with data and analytics team to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Assess the data and platform needs of the organization as the business continues to evolve and create a technology roadmap and implementation plan.
- Is responsible to meet or exceed all goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
Requirements & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information technology, or equivalent.
- 5+ years mentorship and managerial responsibilities, leading data engineering and/or data warehouse teams
- Possesses industry-standard data warehousing knowledge/ BI analytics solutions. Knowledge of RDMS, and ERP systems, Netsuite a plus.
- Experience with big data architecture and data modeling techniques to efficiently process large volumes of data.
- Background in ETL and data pre-processing, with ability and know-how to transform data to meet business needs. SSIS, SSAS, and SSRS knowledge a plus.
- Good time management skills, with ability to quickly adapt to a changing business environment; able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency.
- Ability to utilize information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations. Accountable and take responsibility for his or her actions.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting deadlines consistently. Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and professional communication skills. Strong customer-centric philosophy, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must be results driven and utilize knowledge to meet or exceed KPIs and goals.
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your actions.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all times.
- Proficiency required in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to iPad, laptop, etc.
- Consistent ability to work both remotely and report into Corporate Headquarters or designated showroom, as required and in accordance with Lovesac policies, CDC and State Guidelines.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.