This position is part of the Customer Intelligence and Analytics Team at Sysco Corporation. The primary focus is to conduct advanced analytics with big data to get insights for Sales and Marketing Program Development and performance tracking.
- Design experiments, test hypotheses, and build models
- Conduct advanced data analysis and design complex algorithms.
- Design Predictive Analytics solutions, and formulate mathematical approaches to solve business problems utilizing R, SAS, SPSS or other advanced analytics tools
- Perform customer analytics activities within the street customer base to support personalized customer engagement activations (e.g. Sysco Rewards points, the share of wallet analysis, churn prediction and customer lifetime value)
- Work with Sysco technology team on data integration to build a customer data-mart, which is the foundation of data-driven and customer-centric marketing initiatives
- Synthesize and interpret analytics insights from other commercial functions as potential inputs into the customer data-mart
- Identify and derive insights regarding customer behaviors and preferences across various sales and marketing channels to inform customer data-mart
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive business results through various use cases of customer-level in
- Research industry-leading analytics practices and recommend continuous improvement opportunities for Sysco
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, strategy, analytics, at a specialized analytics company or in an analytics organization in a corporate setting (banking or retail)
- Must be able to think conceptually, strategically, and creatively with little oversight or direction (i.e. display thought leadership vs. simply "do" or execute something that was developed or directed by someone else)
- Must have experience developing, driving and delivering complex analytical projects
- Able to perform quantitative analysis using appropriate analytical and visualization tools such as R, SAS, SPSS and Tableau.
- Experience in the sales and marketing area preferred
- Experience in CPG, Retail and /or Foodservice preferred
Education and / or Experience:
- Masters in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field; PhD degree preferred from a top tier technical institute.
- Strong programming skills (such as Hadoop MapReduce or other big data frameworks, Java), statistical modeling (like SAS or R).
- Experience using machine learning algorithms.
- High proficiency in the use of statistical packages.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis, quantitative analytics, forecasting/predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.