Director, Data Science
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, USAENGINEERINGFULL-TIME
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
At Aera Technology, we apply Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Think of the self-driving car: connected, always-on, thinking, and autonomous. Our mission is to enable companies in the same way.
Aera is currently seeking a Director, Data Science in our Mountain View, CA headquarters. The Director, Data Science will lead our efforts to solve challenging customer problems through in-depth data and predictive analytics techniques. The Director will build, lead and mentor our global Data Science team, with team members in the US and India, and will be responsible for identifying and leading initiatives that will help us better understand customer issues and drive better decision making through various data and statistical modeling techniques.
The Director will bridge both the customer-facing side of the business and the product side - workingdirectly with our customers to understand their supply chain-related challenges and designing DS solutions to solve them, while also embedding Data Science algorithms into our platform. This role is an idealopportunity for someone who enjoys being hands on with the product, while also interfacing with some of the largest, most complex enterprise businesses in the world.
The Director will directly report to, and work closely with, our Chief Technical Officer (CTO), as well as collaborate with our business and engineering leaders. This is a hands-on leadership position, solving difficult data problems and then productizing those solutions.
- Lead, develop, execute and maintain a vision and strategies to drive significant improvement in Data Science practices and solutions
- Partner with key stakeholders across the entire business to leverage data and analytics to drive dramatic improvement to business and customer outcomes
- Develop Data Science platforms
- Proactively identify opportunities to evolve the data science roadmap based on the needs of customers
- Work directly with customers to understand and solve their challenges and problems
- Apply and integrate those solutions and outcomes to the Aera platform
- Challenge teams and customers to seek innovative approaches and complete transformation to address problems and opportunities
- Ph.D. or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Applied Statistics, Data Mining and/or related quantitative engineering field (Ph. D. preferred)
- Focus on Machine Learning or Deep Learning.8-10 years of experience in Data Science, including building and leading a team, solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
- Experience working with customers and solving real-world customer challenges
- Expertise and experience in enterprise systems, including Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, etc.
- Experience delivering world class data science practices that leverage complex data
- Strong experience with optimization
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Mahout, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Hands-on experience using business intelligence and statistical analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
- Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python or PHP
- Ability to execute multiple projects and drive key business results under tight deadlines
- Self-starter attitude with willingness to learn and master new technologies
- Ability to quickly understand business problems, find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data
- Ability to clearly communicate results to technical and non-technical audiences