Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director EDG is responsible for the management and implementation of data quality management and functional system administration across the organization. This includes developing, implementing, and managing the operational aspects of the Data Quality projects, especially Risk Data Aggregation, Risk Data Reporting, FRY14 and Capital Plan.
- Responsible for the implementation of established data policies, standards, organization, and enforcement of concepts as established by the organization.
- Oversees the monitoring of data quality efforts within the organization and provides a central authority for the resolution on data management issues.
- Leads the creation of program business definitions and data management goals and principles for execution.
- Positions business areas for successful audits and regulatory exams by implementing industry guidelines and ‘best practice’ frameworks.
- Fosters relationships with internal and external customers and consistently deliver quality services.
- Creates strategies around data quality, metadata (i.e. collecting and publishing definition
- of data items), and information governance.
- Establishes and facilitates an enterprise wide Data Governance practice to meet periodically with steering committee to resolve ambiguities in data, reporting, process and corporate vocabulary.
- Follows up on data integrity alerts with IT and business until resolution.
- Liaises with strategic, cross-disciplinary business change efforts, regularly interacting with senior/executive management.
- Builds consensus with and/or gain acceptance from others (often in sensitive situations) while maintaining strong, positive relationships.
- Quickly gains an understanding both of how detailed business processes work and of how systems store data that measures and supports those processes.
- Works in a SME capacity to educate and advise the stakeholders about best practices.
- Implements controls and monitors to ensure that data is both acceptable and accurate.
- Leads and develops a team of direct reports through communication, performance management, development plans, and training to ensure goals are met and risk to the business is minimized.
- Special projects as requested
- Performs other duties as assigned
- BA/BS Accounting / Computer Science / Business / MIS; equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years ‘experience data analysis.
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years ‘experience with relational database.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ experience with in related data management and analysis role.
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ management experience.
- Strong knowledge of analytical tools like SAS, Cognos, SSAS etc.
- Prior experience liaising between Data Management, IT and otherinternal customers.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to develop and manage an efficient department.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles and practices.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to quickly understand new business initiatives and identify data to meet business needs.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities required.
- Strong written, technical documentation and oral communication skills.
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of financial services processes and business terms required.
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, mentor and motivate a team of staff members.
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook; department specific PC applications.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality. Preferences:
- Master’s degreepreferred.
- Experience leading executive level governance committees is a plus.
- Knowledge of different types of Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence solutions highly desired.