This individual will manage all aspects of the delivery of our enterprise Data Integration solutions and related components including tool analysis, strategy and cloud functionality. The individual will also participate in overall platform strategy and will work across business and technology teams to ensure alignment between business solutions and systems architecture for the organization where it relates to Data Integration tools and technology direction. Also, including ongoing system management and development of new projects and enhancements implemented within the Data Integration team. Will own the responsibilities of driving the Data Processing as a Service platform and work as the subject matter expert (SME).
Under limited direction, plans and manages the effective use of team resources. Leads teams of engineers to develop, implement and maintain complex technologies and/or projects. Facilitates and provides input to the design/development process. Partners with business and technology leaders in key areas. This job is a manager of managers.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively work to improve Data Integration tool SLAs, quality, and on-time and on-budget delivery of projects and enhancements.
- Interface with software vendors and employees within the organization for development purposes.
- Contribute to overall enterprise Data Integration architecture strategy and roadmap, providing business, governance and technical recommendations.
- Ensuring best practices are in place and being followed as it relates to Data Integration technologies. Scope includes reporting, analytics, automation, process improvement, version control, etc.
- Assist in the onboarding of new integration technology use cases and developing best-in-class strategies.
- Coordinate platform deliverables, new and change requests, and projects in accordance with the Agile framework.
- Lead your team of direct reports and push for excellence, insight, and improvements.
- Build new processes and enhance existing.
- Work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, prioritize projects, and create alignment with overall business needs.
- Drive for an 'As A Service' delivery model of the Data Integration ecosystem
Leadership and Management / Supervision:
- Open to manage and work with resources from different locations (onshore/offshore model).
- Ensure the efficient management and operation of production Hadoop ecosystem tools and platforms.
- Adopt and develop a management style of engagement, professionalism, openness and enablement.
- Develop and communicate a clear vision of the Hadoop platform business goals to drive results.
- Evaluate and develop team members to align capabilities with roles, business needs and career development.
- Supervises work of others, including planning, assigning, scheduling and reviewing work, ensuring quality standards. Is responsible for hiring, terminating, training and developing, reviewing performance and administering corrective action for staff.
Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in the technology space and 4 years people management experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
7 years of progressive work experience in the technology space preferred. Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred. Leadership experience preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
This position can be remote but needs someone that can be in Hartford, CT 1 week a month.
- 10-15+ years of experience working/support ETL data processing on assorted technologies within both batch and realtime environments
- 2-5 years global management & leadership experience
- Knowledge and Experience with:
- ETL best practices for batch and realtime data ingestion and delivery
- Linux operating system (RHEL 6 & 7)
- Excellent presentation and writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility; collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
- Experience in managing ETL technologies such as Ab Initio, Talend, Spark, assorted shell scripts, Data Stage, etc
- Knowledge on Cloud infrastructure and Cloud data processing.
- Understanding of data models
- Hands on knowledge of platform design
- Hands on knowledge of OS operating systems with a focus on RHEL
- Hands on knowledge of software installation and maintenance techniques
- Understanding of platform infrastructure – both physical bare metal and virtual machines
Weekend work hours as needed Overnight work hours as needed Holiday work hours (Federal and religious) as needed: This position can e remote with the need for someone to travel 1 week a month to Hartford, CT
Operates standard office equipment (continuously) Sitting (can stand at will) (continuously) Standing (occasionally) Use of keyboards, sporadic 10-key (continuously)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.