The Director of Data Governance, Master Data and Data security is a strategic role in Ecolab's Chief Data Officer (CDO) organization and is aimed at crafting strategies and owning the implementation of Data Lifecycle Management. Data Lifecycle Management is a strategic initiative that aims to unlock business value of data and managing it like a strategic business asset. The Data Governance leader will work with executives and functional leaders in various Ecolab business units to execute on a wide variety of data related strategic business transformative projects. The Data Governance leader will lead the assessment and evaluation of critical barriers that reduces speed of data and analytics adoption and realization of business value in the organizations. These transformation initiatives will be conceived at the highest levels of the organization and, as such, will have the visibility at that level.
The Data Governance leader will not only get to frame the initiative scope and strategy but will also lead the execution of the recommendations. In this process, the Data Governance Director will lead the execution teams drawn from the IT and the business and functional units. You'll have the ability to drive results at all levels, regardless of reporting structures and have a proven record of performance and trusted professional credibility. The ideal candidate will be an innovative and strategic thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable working up and across the organization. to drive the business forward.
What You Will Do:
- Data Governance:Assess data governance issues related to data and analytics value creation across the organization
- Lead conception, scope definition, and execution of various types of strategic and operational business transformation initiatives, ranging from Operational Strategy to Process Improvement.
- Help CDO develop Data Governance strategy and plan
- Develop business cases and define solutions that drive revenue and cost savings.
- Portfolio Management: Manage a portfolio of Data Governance projects related to Enterprise wide Data Lifecycle Management program
- Manage a team of business analysts and projects managers
- Act as an effective change agent utilizing proper stakeholder analysis and change management techniques
- Analyze various drivers impacting key metrics and outcomes and provide fact-based recommendations to the stakeholders.
- Be a liaison between business units on projects that have a multi-organization or business unit scope
- Proactively anticipate and work towards mitigating risks to project execution or stakeholder engagement
- Master Data Management:Own MDM platform from technology side and along with business owner chart the product roadmap, programs and projects in master data globally
- Manage a team of MDM technology resources including platform architect, developers, business analysts and project managers
- Data Provisioning and Data Security:
- Data Security: Co-lead with CISO and implement and support data security technologies particularly on Data Lake and Master Data Platform
- Data Provisioning: Implement Data provision rules and procedure that is consistent with Data strategy of Ecolab. Provide access to data in data provisioning zone based on Enterprise Data access control
- Bachelor's degree
- 6 years of Data Governance relevant work experience in leadership capacity.
- 3 years of knowledge in Master Data Management-process and technology landscape
- Knowledge of Data security and Data Provisioning strategy, process and technology
- Sound understanding of Data Governance strategy and ability to develop and lead Data Governance initiatives.
- Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects on time and budget.
- Bachelors degree in engineering, business, or related field
- Masters degree in Business Administration (MBA).
- Strategy, operational processes, and customer experience.
- Experience in Industrial or Chemical Industry
- Experience in a start-up or entrepreneurial environment.
- Presentation skills, including ability to create presentations using MS PowerPoint and experience presenting to all levels of an organization.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, including ability to conduct outside/inside research, analyze data, and use MS Excel effectively to develop models and drive analyses.
- Facilitation, change management, and problem-solving experience.
With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.