Partnering with the Product Owner within Commercial Data Engineering, the Curator is responsible for managing operations, designing solutions, and implementing Advanced Analytic Data Delivery Services from design to production. These services should be seamless, efficient and meet the expectations and needs of customers and stakeholders. This successful candidate will drive projects/products through to completion to successfully meet business goals and timeframes. They will partner with various IT resources from across the enterprise for effective implementation of Data Delivery Service Capabilities.
Current data delivery portfolio spans all business segments of Commercial Markets.
· Takes on the role of subject matter expert for Data Delivery Services.
· Defines the ‘why’, ‘what,’ and ‘when’ of the product deliverables that the IT Support team will build.
· Partners with enterprise technical partners in all matters concerning data management, data quality, and platform/servers that would impact Data Delivery Services.
· Work with our EDO partners to develop and deliver against a well-defined implementation Plan
· Own end-to-end execution of services/projects within the Data Delivery space.
· Assist in the implementation of repeatable processes that ensure consistent, quality delivery of our data capabilities and monitor the adoption and usage within the Actuarial and Data Science teams.
· Identify areas of opportunity to improve or enhance existing data processes
· 3-5 years of experience with various tools used for data modeling, data warehousing, business intelligence and databases (e.g. SAS, R, Business Objects, Tableau, Python, Hadoop, SAS, ETL, Big Data, ORACLE, and Hive)
· Knowledge of server platforms (UNIX, LINUX, Windows) a plus
· Willingness to learn new technologies/methodologies and apply them
· Knowledge of Commercial data landscape
· Knowledge of Enterprise data landscape a plus
· Strong written and verbal communication to interact effectively with both technical and non-technical users at all levels of the organization
· Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
· Strives to give customers the best service and takes the initiative to add value
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment with internal /external customers
· Ability to analyze source systems and translate into actionable steps to provide business solutions