Fidelity is actively seeking an experienced data architect to work in the Workplace Investing Technology group. This group leads the architecture for our retirement and health for employers and employees. At Fidelity architects are leaders in technology playing a meaningful role in driving all aspects of technology planning and execution.
The ExpertiseWe’re Looking For
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with application architects, engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust data solutions.
- Relevant experience working in complex data environments in an engineering, design and architecture capacity.
- Proficiency at understanding enterprise data architecture concepts, master data management, data modeling and design techniques.
- Solid skills and demonstrated focus in logical data modeling.
- Proven success in composing and executing on long term data strategies
- Expert knowledge and experience in Oracle, PL/SQL and/or other relational database platforms.
- Knowledge of non-relational database platforms is support of the best model for the process.
- Good experience in driving ETL, Data Quality Security and Governance practices.
- Experience in cloud technologies and practices, building data applications that use services such as AWS EC2, S3, EMR, Athena, Glue, Lambda, Elastic search and a well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions in integrated data environments. Current on event driven processing, Data API and recent data-oriented developments.
- Understanding of Data Exploration, Visual Analytics concepts and tools such as Tableau
- Hands on experience with NOSQL technologies desired.
- Finance and Investment Management domain experience is a plus
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
The Purpose of Your Role As a data architect in Workplace Investing Technology you will provide the technical vision and leadership required to deliver complex and critical solutions for the business. The ability to range from coding and detailed technical work to engaging with senior management and business teams will be critical to your success. The SkillsYou Bring
- Strong data architecture, engineering and design skills.
- Passion and curiosity, work as a team to develop ideas and produce creative solutions to hard problems while making smart choices stabilizing design and delivery.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the culture. Combine facilitation skills with a results orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Organizational savvy and maturity, work effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Capable to lead cross- team collaboration and partnership across a variety of internal and external constituencies by having good social and communication skills.
The ValueYou Deliver
- Strive to successfully deliver key technology solutions supporting the business unit.
- Drive the data architecture vision. Investigate, prove out and incorporate new technologies and capabilities as required.
- Define patterns and standard methodologies for data usage, design, engineering and development.
- Lead, mentor and provide design and architecture for delivery teams. Collaborate with product and engineering leads and senior management on product and delivery requirements, roadmaps and vision.