CGI is seeking a Data Architecture and Engineering – Director with a proven technical experience to join its Digital Insights Practice. The candidate will lead and guide the technical team for a key client. The candidate will lead workshops with client, stakeholders, lead business use case definition, data management and platform design. The candidate should demonstration and advance ability to manage large data sets, cloud computing, open-source tools, and optimization techniques, proven experience in application architecture, Cloud Solutions with emerging technologies, Big Data, Data Modeling, Data Architecture, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Future Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead and participate in the review and understanding of data requirements for data projects, application development and reporting projects on modern data platforms with Hadoop and NoSQL.
• At least 2+ years of experience in implementing Data Solutions in Azure or AWS
• Understanding of emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
• Lead and perform data analysis activities including data profiling, creation of data dictionaries, data transformation rules and integration requirements
• Design, build, and deploy database applications. Manage data architecture requirements
• Design, develop, apply and support data standardization policies
• Analyze enterprise and application logical and physical data models and associated business rules to insure standards and best practices are followed.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• At least one Data Management implementation on AWS or Azure.
• Thorough understanding of modern data platform components and options on Cloud market place.
• Advanced or a bachelor’s degree in scientific or analytic field and 12 years+ of proven and relevant in the application architecture development environment.
• Experience with Modern data architectures including Hadoop, nosql and Machine Learning
• Experience translating business requirements into Data Structure requirements and logical and physical model
• Demonstrated ability with enterprise application and database driven applications
• Advance technical knowledge and background in the areas of Big Data, Data modeling, EDW, Data Mart, data management, Data Quality, Data Governance, Data integration (ETL) and Data Security.
• Proven Experience in Dimensional Modeling (Star Schema, OLAP Cubes, and Bus Matrix Mapping)
• Proven understanding in databases and analytics, including relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle), Data warehousing, big data (Hadoop, Hive, Spark), noSQL, and business analytics
• Depth understanding in system development life cycle and successfully deployed reliable data systems and data quality management systems.
• Ability to work effectively with both business and technical stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to influence others
Position ID: J0119-0492