Together with key data and analytics owners and stewards across the company, the Director will create the operating model by which data and analytics management responsibilities and accountabilities are shared across functional and system boundaries. She/he will have a key role in building a Center of Excellence focused on standardizing and sharing best practices in Analytics. This individual will be responsible for benchmarking and developing the organization’s data management capability and maturity levels.
The Director, Data and Analytics has direct responsibility for the Business Intelligence team.
Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead and influence exploiting the value of enterprise information assets and the analytics used to render insights for decision making and regulatory reporting.
- Be the corporate leader of data-driven insights that help support exploitation of strategic and tactical business opportunities, and be a champion for a data-driven, decision-making culture.
- Drive the development and deployment of the enterprise's data and analytics platform for digital business. Lead strategy and the development of data and analytics products.
- Exploit data using research and analytics to maximize the return on data assets, and develop methods to ensure consistent application and use of analytics
- Identify and standardize the use and governance of data and analytics in support of the enterprise's business strategy. This includes the governance of data and algorithms used for analysis, analytical applications and automated decision making
- Build deep partnerships with business and technology leaders and evangelize data driven decision making across all company initiatives
- Innovate with and expand the organization's research and analytics offerings — emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies.
- Identify new kinds, types and sources of data to drive business innovation throughout the organization. Define processes for the effective, integrated introduction of new data.
- Lead data architects and data engineers to architect and deliver the solutions that fulfill the Business information needs and align with the information vision and strategy
- The CISO, CTO, CFO — Director, Data and Analytics must engage with these stakeholders in an ongoing dialogue to t capitalize on data-driven strategies, develop the business-linked information strategy and ensure that all of these stakeholders understand the key governance issues for use of data and analytics.
- The CIO and senior IT leadership team — Director, Data and Analytics builds a strong partnership with the IT organization to execute the information strategy. Most, if not all, information management initiatives will be implemented or integrated into the internal information systems and capabilities, or cloud-based services, with deep implications for IT.
- The CMO and Marketing organization — Works with the CMO/chief digital officer to explore opportunities for data monetization and ensure that the customer data assets, capabilities and campaigns are properly integrated and maintained, consistent with the long-term and broader enterprise information management strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent years of experience
- 15+ years of information technologyexperience
- The individual must be a self-driven, motivated senior IT leader with strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and leadership/executive presence.
- 10+ years of experience in analytics with increasing responsibilities and at least 5 years in management and leadership capacity.
- 5+ years of experience managing Master Data Management solutions and systems.
- Strong presence and ability to communicate and deliver business information to Senior Leaders
- Well organized, results oriented leader with strong ability to communicate and work effectively with Business Unit users and technical and non-technical users
- Solid experience in managing teams on internal/external delivery of short to long term projects
- Strong understanding of data warehouse and data integration architectures and tools
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in a fast-paced environment and new business processes and concepts
Required Technical Skills
- Understands key business process such as Idea to Offering Lead to Order, Order to Cash, Source to Settle, Plan to Make.
- Experience in SAP, BW, Datamart, SFDC.
- Knowledge of Data Management, Visualization and Big Data tools
Required Soft Skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communications. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Support projects and initiatives that span organizational boundaries.
- Drive internal projects and initiatives with little to no oversight.
- Manage activities within the team.
- Self-Motivated and Independent worker.
- Customer focus – takes ownership of issues and seeing issues through to resolution.
- Up to 20%