The Director of Data & Analytics will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and execution of the business unit data and reporting strategy Ensure consistency with existing system environments and work processes to ensure data quality. Act as a liaison with other areas as needed to effectively execute data and reporting needs. Participate in the evaluation of emerging technologies tools and practices to drive continuous improvement.
This is a full-time, exempt role.
- Lead the development and implementation of programs and processes that drive Claim’s data and reporting strategy.
- Assists VP Claim Analytics in strategy formulation with direct oversight of data gathering analysis and reporting for the Claim Data Analytics function.
- Establish and implement governance practices that ensure data integrity and accuracy of all data utilized.
- Perform liaison function between department and technology teams in the development of the system and data needs and other long-term initiatives.
- Plan and lead a variety of projects in collaboration with other business and technology partners.
- Work with subject matter experts (SME’s) and various systems groups to define requirements and create reporting infrastructure.
- Gather and analyze requirements from key stakeholders on new reporting initiatives.
- Become proficient in new end-user business intelligence software and technologies.
- Stay current on evolving technology and reporting practices making recommendations for adoption as needed.
- Prioritize ad hoc reporting requests and delegate or execute as necessary.
- Where appropriate provide automated and process solutions to remedy operational inefficiencies. Educate other employees on Hanover’s data systems.
- May manage or indirectly manage and mentor a small team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a relevant technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in a related field.
- Knowledge of and industry preferred.
- Advanced report development skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of databases e.g. SQL in Oracle DB2 MS SQL Server and Hyperion.
- Effective problem solver who anticipates issues seeks out and analyzes information collaboratively to propose solutions. Takes ownership for a successful resolution.
- Strong people management skills effective at coaching and motivating staff. Serves as a role model in building effective relationships.
- Strong organizational time and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple critical deliverables.
- Able to handle confidential information professionally and discretely.
- Develops working relationships and interacts effectively with all necessary levels of the organization.
- Ability to influence skillfully in difficult situations Demonstrates ability to win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills Ability to concisely present and communicate complex information.
- Easily adapts to new or different changing situations requirements or priorities.
- Cultivates an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
- Has understanding of business unit and corporate strategic direction and general knowledge of corporate/business unit interdependencies.
CAREER DEVELOPMENT: It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
BENEFITS:We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed. Benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company Paid Holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
EEO STATEMENT: “The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.