The Director of Data & Analytics is principally responsible for assisting our management team at Wisconsin to drive strategy with data and actionable insights. This critical role will be focused on ticketing purchases, athletic constituent behavior patterns, and historic athletic donation data to further harness, extend and deliver the data analytics to drive business performance in three verticals: General Ticketing, Premium Seating Sales, and Athletic Donations.
To accomplish this task, the Director of Data & Analytics works with the both the General Manager and client to understand, define and document the overarching business objectives. The Director of Data & Analytics will conduct full life cycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop data insights and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements to the overall data Eco-system.
- Ability to build flexible and innovative strategic plans for how analytics can be leveraged to improve the effectiveness of current campaigns, and to drive insights for new.
- Excellent communication, presentation and story-telling skills.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Acquire data from primary and secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Work closely with management to prioritize business and information needs.
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities.
- Prepare ad hoc queries using common reporting tools and other available tools and resources.
- Ad hoc special projects as required or as necessary.
- Day to day operational management responsibilities for all data processing and analysis systems and solutions.
- Proven working experience as a data analyst
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics