More specifically, we are looking for technical cybersecurity experts with experience in all or some of the following: intelligence collection, incident response, insider threat analysis, network operations, emerging cyber policy, security operations (malware analysis, specialized cloud expertise, forensic experts, penetration testing, and application testing). With offices worldwide, we are able to uncover and analyze critical information wherever a need exists—no matter how intricate the investigation may be.
- Performing a wide range of cybersecurity engagements in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment; summarizing the results accurately and concisely in written reports for a sophisticated client base consisting of top-tier law firms, financial institutions and corporations; managing consultants on engagements which involve teams of investigative researchers; and providing oral reports to clients, when appropriate.
- Assist leadership in developing strategies to expand the portfolio of services offered and improve the efficiency and consistency of service delivery.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry trends, threats, methodologies and core technologies in order to assimilate client needs and design appropriate technical solutions.
- Lead assessment of current threat identification techniques and development of new methodologies and frameworks.
- Supervise results of incident analysis, combining sound analytical skills with advanced knowledge of cybersecurity.
- Lead modification and enhancement of proposals.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience conducting research at a corporate investigations firm or similar organization.
- Specialized experience in cyber incident response and cyber incident management.
- Very good understanding of operating systems, file system fundamentals, and security controls, with an in-depth familiarity with Windows, Linux, and Unix.
- Understanding of data loss / data theft prevention concepts and technologies
- Understanding of eDiscovery and digital forensics concepts and technologies.
- Threat modeling fundamentals and penetration testing skills.
- Analytical ability - The applicant should have experience identifying red flags, validating sources, and making judgment calls about the completeness and accuracy of open source information.
- Strategic planning and resourcefulness - The applicant will be responsible for developing investigative plans and strategies for engagements and producing creative solutions to challenging research problems.
- Experience identifying and managing work performed by subcontractors, including negotiating budgets and deadlines.
- Experience working with international colleagues and coordinating investigations across time zones is a plus.
- Experience managing junior members of the investigative team.
- Travel may be required, depending on nature of assignment