We're not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there's a place for you at Toast. We've 86'd the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
We are seeking a dynamic call center leader to join our support management team. Under the direction of our Sr Director of Customer Support the Director of Customer Support manages the daily operations of 24/7 multiple location support and provides leadership for the continuous improvement of our level 1 support to ensure SLAs and KPIs are met. We are seeking someone who will place a strong emphasis on customer care, call quality, building high performing passionate teams, workforce planning and technology transformation.
About this roll*:
- At the core of the job is being a dynamic leader and providing strong leadership to the level 1 support centers and their management teams to ensure consistency as one team
- Successfully managing the teams to key performance indicators including customer satisfaction, efficiency, staffing utilization, acceptable turnover, and financial performance
- Champion change within the support centers including offering new ideas and continuously develop knowledge and processes to improve the customer experience, employee satisfaction, and cost per customer
- Drive implementation of new technologies as the support centers continue to transform into an omni-channel contact center
- Effective people management to include providing performance feedback, guidance and input on their goals and objectives; provide coaching and mentoring continuously
- Lead and manage Customer Support Outcomes - increase cNPS scores and ticket deflection, decrease response and resolution times across all ticket channels (email, phone, live chat), cultivate Toast advocates in every customer interaction
- Measure Effectiveness of your Support team refine operational metrics for the team, create detailed reporting and analysis, review cadences and provide status updates to leadership team
- Lead World-Class Customer Success in Omaha and own the Tier 1 culture and impact the Tier 2 culture - foster continuous learning environment, recruit and hire top performers, evolve onboarding program to reduce ramp time and reward & recognition
- Manage Support Rep Performance - track key metrics: number of tickets taken per day, average ticket handle time, average ticket resolution time, quality assurance monitoring, cNPS and agent utilization.
- Directly manage the Tier 1 leadership team
- Willing to work various hours and shifts to ensure consistency for level 1 support
- 10% travel for business meetings
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 7+ years of operational experience leading Level 1 call centers in a high-growth volume environment
- An extensive history of delivering quality customer service over a variety of communication channels including phone, email and live chat
- Experience with software and support tools such as JIRA, Five9 and Salesforce a big plus
- Experience developing workforce management capabilities to handle schedule adherence, capacity planning and headcount forecasting strongly preferred
- Great change leader, customer obsessed, metrics and data driven with a skill-set to build, motivate, mentor, and retain teams
- Ability to analyze existing customer facing processes and redesign into customer experience enhancing processes
- Very strong communication and planning skills with the ability to manage very demanding customers in escalation. Clear presentation, written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are a must.
- Strong leadership skills in managing a large team to inspire others and provide the motivation, coaching, and development to grow your teams careers
- A continuous learner. Someone who seeks best practices, is open to new ideas, and continues to benchmark
- Sense of urgency to accomplish things quickly and ability to prioritize multiple tasks, handle heavy workloads, and deal with unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to anticipate problems and obstacles, and offer a sense of calm while delivering focused direction in times of crisis
- Maniacal focus on delivery excellence and team development/empowerment
- Strong executive presence and professional image; excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Relevant experience, or a Bachelor's degree; preference for computer science or related degrees