$80K — $100K *
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Real Estate Secured Lending is hiring! The Director, Customer Support & Operations focuses on supporting one for the focus business lines of the Canadian Bank. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a dynamic and high energy team.
Leads and oversees all activities related to customer support and operations across all channels in Real Estate Secured Lending, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are delivered in compliance with governing relations, internal policies and procedures.
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and
leverage broader Bank relationships and knowledge. Working with a sense of urgency is critically
important for this role.
• Direct the day-to-day investigations and policy related support across all delivery channels and all aspects of the mortgage lifecycle (underwriting, servicing, and renewals) by:
• Providing guidance and consultation on RESL policy and process exceptions for partners not covered by standard operating policy and procedures
• Ensure response times for partners and quality of responses are established and met. Responses must comply with internal policies/procedures and ensure resolution of systemic issues that are impacting customer service quality, risk control, growth or profitability.
• Direct the centralized appraisal function across all delivery channels by:
• Overseeing the appraisal audit review to ensure appraisal reports are completed according to Bank requirements, are of high quality and content, and meet Bank, legislative and Appraisal Institute requirements
• Directing the authorization of out-of-policy appraisals
• Ensuring Bank approved appraisers are accurately assessed and authorized
• Ensuring real estate secured and appraisal policies and procedures are developed, implemented, communicated and maintained to reflect industry trends and standards while adequately protecting the Bank
• Ensuring appraisal expertise is provided to delivery channels
• Manage the relationships with the Property Valuation Portal providers; seek to continuously improve the functionality of the portals to maximize ease of use and accurate/compliant property valuations
• Direct the day-to-day pricing investigations and exceptions support across all delivery channels and all aspects of the mortgage lifecycle by:
• Providing guidance and consultation on pricing for channels or customers who may not fit the standard criteria
• Ensure response times for partners/customers and quality of responses are established and met. Responses must comply with internal policies/procedures and ensure resolution of issues that impact customer service, competitiveness, and profitability
• Ensure pricing strategies set across all channels remain competitive and are properly enforced per RESL policies and processes
• Carefully manage the strategy between mortgage volumes and spread to ensure financial metrics are met and margin contributions to the Canadian Bank are achieved.
• Review and recommend pricing changes and posted rate changes based on competitor analysis, market dynamics and overall wholesale funding market activity.
• Direct the mortgage retention and renewal goals across the branch, Contact Centre and digital channels by identifying opportunities and designing, executing and managing targeted marketing campaign strategies leading to increased retention and renewal activity. Key considerations are as follows:
• Identify, initiate, evaluate and design new Real Estate Secured Lending targeted campaigns that provide superior customer value, increase customer retention leading to increased revenue and Bank market share, and contribute to the Bank’s sustainable competitive position.
• Ensure effective maintenance of campaigns once implemented to ensure that they continue to meet expected goals and resolve any new issues that surface.
• Initiate, evaluate and design, ongoing non-face-to-face (online, Contact Centre) delivery strategies that support the Bank’s goals to move customers into more efficient and convenient channels.
• Provide timely support for escalated customer issues relating to mortgage renewals by promptly responding to, and investigating, all inquiries from customers and internal stakeholders.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Builds a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education and Other Requirements
• Thorough understanding of real estate secured lending products/programs offered across the Scotiabank network;
• Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s product distribution networks;
• Strong understanding of the technological platform underlying the retail businesses and how they support the delivery, distribution and customer experience;
• Strong knowledge of the regulatory environment applicable to the retail lending industry;
• Strong knowledge of the personal loans/mortgages industry including products, markets and risk management practices;
• Ability to effectively lead a diverse and highly skilled team;
Valid through: 2/16/2021