Director, Customer Success
The mission of the CSM team is to inspire our business customers in the way they communicate and in the power of visual storytelling through Prezi. Our customers buy Prezi because they want to better engage with their audiences and Prezi helps them do that.
Our CSMs are guides for our customer’s transformational journey - they inspire, build, and enable change agents within organizations.
Our next Director of Customer Success will be tasked with finding unlocks through our customer’s change management journey and as unlocks are discovered, operationalize them across internal processes and the CSM team.
With these goals in mind, the following are the skillsets required in order of priority:
System Thinkers, Problem Solvers (superpowers)
Leading transformation is not an easy task, and you will be successful in this role if you have demonstrated experience solving hard problems. In order to become effective guides for our customers, we need to understand the different levers in the customer journey - this may require going back to basics.
- System Thinker: Travel to the outer edges of a problem, then work their way back to reveal all the parts and how they connect. Can see the forest and the trees - invaluable when the team is trying to get its bearing in a complicated situation
- Problem Solver: have a laser like ability to cut to the heart of a problem and reveal a previously unseen path forward. Asks enough questions to assess what’s going wrong and why
- Are curious by nature, and deeply understand the customer journey and the business outcomes customers are looking to achieve
- Look at the world through the customer’s eyes, as it is their journey we need to influence
- Assess the different levers that can accelerate the time to value and the different inspiration and intervention points within the customer journey
- Can work and communicate directly with prezi customers.
- This is the mission of prezi, and the movement we must inspire in our customers. It is imperative that you have a passion and genuine belief in the power of visual storytelling for the presenter and the audience
- You are not required to be an expert in design (or a master from Prezi’s definition), but you must have a natural curiosity and understanding for the visual part of storytelling
- You can articulate or talk to how you have demonstrated or have been influenced by this in your past.
Operational and data driven mindset
- Have an operational mindset approach to customer success
- Have the experience and confidence to use both data and judgment to make decisions (and knows when to use which)
- Set up a scalable system and repeatable processes that deliver on the outcomes of the customer
- Understand CS framework, but are adaptable based off of the customer journey
Coach and mentor
- Coach, mentor, and motivate a team of customer success managers
- Are willing to roll up your sleeves to help the team solve problems, and work through customer challenges and to amplify success
- Keep team members accountable while fostering a positive team culture
Balancing leadership & management
- Can motivate a cross-functional team and influence priorities across marketing, product, and customer support
- Effectively communicate with exec team and ask for resources and support when appropriate
What we offer
- Fun, challenging environment where you can have direct impact on the way the company approaches customers
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Competitive benefits including full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Untracked PTO
- Fully stocked kitchen, catered meals and snacks available throughout the day
- Because #wecare (one of our 3 values) about our environment, commuter benefits and pet insurance
- Opportunity to participate in our charity program and give back to your community / world
- Learning environment that supports your broader career development
- Possibility to travel to Europe to work and learn within our skills development “Fellowship” program