Director, Customer Service
11 - 15 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
At American Outdoor Brands, we are proud to offer some of the most popular names in the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast markets!
We are dedicated to creating, growing, and preserving strong consumer brands that deliver innovative and high-quality products. Our efforts focus on meeting the needs of consumers who have a passion for the adventure, freedom, and personal inspiration offered by embracing the great outdoors. We have successfully grown from a single firearms operating division founded in 1852 under the iconic Smith & Wesson brand to four operating divisions today.
With more than 18 highly respected consumer brands -- and growing -- we are well positioned to serve the large outdoor lifestyle products market opportunity. American Outdoor Brands Corporation represents our enhanced strategic direction, our broad range of product offerings, and our plan to continue building upon our portfolio of strong American brands. American Outdoor Brands Corporation serves as the holding company for the historic Smith & Wesson Corp., Battenfeld Technologies, Inc., and Crimson Trace Corporation, which represent our firearms, manufacturing services, accessories, and electro-optics divisions.
We have only just begun our journey toward achieving our vision of being the leading provider of high-quality products for the shooting, hunting, and rugged outdoor enthusiast. This large and growing market is populated by active lifestyle consumers who pursue their activities with passion and seek out brands they can trust. With a track record of creating, preserving, and acquiring respected brands, we remain committed to our future growth -- focusing on brands that best support the needs and lifestyle of our valued customers.
American Outdoor Brands (and its affiliates) is an equal opportunity employer, and considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, veteran status, military service, application for military service, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable state or local law. Candidates must possess proper authorization to work in the United States and, where applicable, to possess technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10.
The Director of Customer Service is responsible for leading a world-class Customer Service team by developing, challenging and managing the delivery of customer services for the organization. Critical to the objectives of Director of Customer Service is creating a unified customer experience that supports company objectives through focused execution to achieve best in class customer service reliant on in-depth knowledge of company products, programs and effective communication.
This position provides leadership and direction for the areas of: service strategy; defining service level expectations and metrics; developing and implementing sales call campaigns with internal partners; managing customer relations issues, identifying continuous improvement opportunities to minimize service failures; managing "VOC" processes, data and feedback.
Success measured by achieving best service-cost ratios, achieving aggressive service/sales goals relative to metrics, collaborating and building confidence and credibility with all stakeholders, and delivering a level of service that satisfies internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, assess, and lead the evolution of Customer Service vision and strategy to include: service delivery, customer satisfaction levels, internal policies and procedures, technologies.
- Develop and lead a passionate and experienced Customer Service division that creates and delivers world-class service.
- Talent Management to include: needs assessment, staff projections, selection, giving performance feedback and coaching to ensure employee engagement and capabilities to deliver results.
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge within Customer Service Division for all AOBC products and programs through training, team development and communication. Partner with Product Development to deliver training and product information to the Customer Service team.
- Provide onsite and virtual leadership and direction for Call Centers, Ecommerce and Digital partners with an aim of ensuring consistent customer service experience, driving results to meet or exceed KPIs.
- Define, analyze and report on operational metrics specific to all Customer Service functions and performance deliverables.
- Promote and drive Customer Service Management (CRM) platform and SAP process, leverage technology to improve and optimize processes.
- Identify product and process improvements using Voice of the Customer (VOC) and service survey data. Represent the "VOC" as a member of the L&CS leadership team to influence company-wide culture of customer success.
- Monitors programs and procedures to ensure on-time delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Increase customer awareness, adoption, and customer satisfaction ratings.
- Drive consumer focused activities to increase direct sales conversion and revenue support channel growth through RSM support and outbound call campaigns.
- Oversee complex customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
- Manage data on customer failures, identify trends and communicate results to cross functional partners in Product Design, Marketing, Sales, and Logistics.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate data for compliance and reporting standards.
- Gather feedback from Sales and Marketing and customer groups to identify areas of performance opportunity improvements. Leverage social media to reach and engage customer through various connection points.
- Partner with Marketing to develop and promote new product bundles, consumer loyalty programs, and consumer related communications and promotions. Identify innovative customer engagement strategies utilizing various technologies and social media channels.
- Collaborate cross functionally in support of CS, Sales, Marketing, and NPI initiatives.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree Business Administration or related field in: Logistics, Operations Management, Business Administration, or Industrial Engineering. Master's degree preferred.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in Distribution, Operations Management, or Supply Chain.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of senior leadership experience in one or more of the functions above.
- Multi-site leadership, preferably in a global responsibility.
- Consistent track record of leading improvements in demanding turnaround, restructuring, and change environments.
- Independent strategic plan development and deployment.
- Experience in high volume consumer products distribution to all consumer channels.
- Experience and high degree of proficiency using relevant software applications: SAP and Customer Service Management Systems required.
- Experience and high degree of proficiency using Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience designing and managing social networks to reach customers for marketing and preferred customer programs a plus.
Competencies and Skills
- Exhibits strong leadership and decision-making skills. Ability to strategically think through new processes and create a vision that others will follow.
- Strong customer service focus and customer relations skills. High empathy for customers AND passion for revenue and growth.
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at the senior level. Team centric ability to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationships throughout the business.
- Passion to win, ability to motivate and drive next level results, strong business acumen, team player. Ability to maintain a high level of energy and enthusiasm as the leader for Customer Service.
- Ability to work efficiently in a high demand, team oriented, and fast-paced environment while maintaining focus on priorities and managing multiple assignments to meet deadlines.
- Accurately identifies problems, issues and opportunities to set a course of action based on facts and good judgement.
- Excellent intuitive, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication to include listening and presentation skills.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Visual and hearing acuity
- Travel Requirement: 30-35%
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.