The Director of Customer Operations leads and develops customer supply chain partnerships to optimize service and cost while enabling and enhancing supply chain capabilities. The Customer Operations Director will lead the function responsible for strategic and tactical customer Supply Chain engagement, strategy development, and program/ policy management. The team consists of corporate and field-based associates, including customer logistics, replenishment / CPFR, vendor managedinventory professionals and customer service personnel.
The Director plays a key role in setting the short and long term operational and strategic goals for these organizations. This leader is the primary interface between the company’s supply chain, the sales organization, and its customer base, in driving world class service, optimizing TDC (total delivered cost), and supporting breakthrough go-to-market strategies for the North America Customer Operations Organization.
This role will also be responsible for defining and leading the strategic / collaborative supply chain planning and execution, with an overall JBP (Joint Business Planning) approach, creating a competitive advantage with our customers for the Henkel retail business for Total North America Laundry, Home and Beauty Retail Business Units. Within the customer environment, this position must lead the development of collaborative strategic plans that result in enhanced customer and consumer value and increased responsiveness / agility.
In addition, this role will also serve as the single point of contact for key business concerns and overall customer escalations for the Beauty Business within Henkel North America. As the single point of contact for Beauty, this role will liaison within the Beauty Supply Chain Management and Sales Organization and will also have visibility to the General Manager and Executive Leadership Team regarding visibility around key activities within the Customer Operations Organization.
What we offer
- Integrates a broad knowledge of the company and customer supply chains to solve complex customer problems; develops strategies to meet the client’s supply chain needs
- Represent Customer Operations with Sales Directors and Sales Vice Presidents of the various customer channels of Henkel in developing strategies that intersect with key sales and customer initiatives
- Represent the customer operations organization at top to top meetings with key customers, to enhance customer and consumer value and support internal strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic and operating plans to support Henkel and the customer joint business planning initiatives
- Build organizational capability and enhance employee engagement within the Customer Operations Organization
- Identifies current and future needs of the customer or business; understands how business needs dictate the project’s requirements, project direction, business objectives, and resource allocation and makes recommendations on the solutions-design phase of the project.
- Deliver revenue and logistics operating budget targets while optimizing product availability and delivery service metrics.
- Develops, implements, and monitors customer-based programs and policies related to logistics efficiencies, unsaleables, returns, and CPU (customer pick-up programs).
- Driver superior performance in customer scorecard management that is relevant to customer relationships and design and implement action plans that sustain best in class customer supply chain management and customer service excellence within the Advantage Monitor survey report.
- Defines, plans and implements an evaluates customer supply chain improvements.
- Builds integrated relationships with the Customer’s supply chain personnel to define current and future customer requirements.
- Develop and implement customer supply chain initiative process and strategic relationship management processes that drive overall value creation for Henkel customer base.
- Engages with customers to identify problems, quantify opportunities and implement recommendations to drive topline sales in the areas of inventory management and collaborative forecasting and planning
- Understand impacts and to communicate sales strategies to the appropriate groups (Demand Planning, Distribution, Manufacturing, Supply Chain Planning) to optimize the supply chain and eliminate service risk.
- Partners closely with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Demand Planning, Distribution and Supply Chain teams to provide customer supply chain support for projects, new business opportunities and proposals
- Provides direction, coaching, and mentoring to direct reports and key support personnel within Customer Operations
Who we are looking for
- Ability to develop strategic partnerships with senior leaders at key customers
- Financial acumen of P&L financial management
- Ability to communicate effectively, make recommendations and lead change, including, but not limited to, designing and delivering presentations to various levels of management internally and at the customer
- Extensive experience dealing with customers at all levels in the organization. Experience leading top to top executive customer meetings. Strong negotiation skills.
- Consumer products industry experiencepreferred.
- Ability to interpret and adjust to situations that involve conflicting goals.
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills; ability to drive alignment
- Willingness to aggressively and professionally confront challenging situations.
- Ability to work effectively in multiple cross-functional teams
- Managerial presence, communication, interpersonal and strong leadership skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of leading practices in customer supply chain initiatives
- Ability to work, lead and collaborate in a team environment.
- Strong Change Management skills – experience leading teams through changing work environments.
- Strong relationship building skills
- Functional knowledge of inventory planning, forecasting, production planning and statistics are also required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- B.S. or B.A. degreedesired. MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of Supply Chain experience with a focus on collaborative relationship building, customer service, and supply chain execution in CPG industry preferred.
- 5+years in customer facing roles.
- 7-10 years in leadership of people experience
- SAP/ERP/BI knowledge and experiencepreferred.
- Proficient in MS Office, with advanced skills in Excel.