The Director, Customer Marketing will strategically develop campaigns using both analytical and qualitative insights by partnering with key stakeholders throughout the organization including; product marketing managers, channel marketers and business analytics. True success will come from driving incremental revenue from the existing customer base.
- Manage the customer journey, contact strategy and messaging to drive value for GoDaddy’s customers.
- Leverage analytical insights to identify new opportunities by utilizing customer analysis, segmentation and test results.
- Address the identified opportunities by defining omnichannel marketing strategies that improve the customer experience, personalize messaging and drive value for customers and the business.
- Identify opportunities to improve existing marketing strategies/campaigns and develop and refine the experience to address these opportunities.
- Identify any gaps in marketing capabilities needed to execute the optimal marketing strategy.
- Drive the execution of marketing strategies across multiple channels (email, outbound sales, paid advertising, SMS, website experience, etc.) to ensure flawless execution of targeted customer messaging.
- Partner with the creative and product teams to design messaging strategies and build new marketing content which align with opportunities.
- Define reporting and data analytics needs required to provide rapid insight and visibility into what drives business results and how marketing strategies performed and communicate those to cross functional and leadership teams.
- Iterate and optimize marketing strategies in quick-turn and drive the execution of optimizations.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop segmentation, lookalike and predictive modeling, decision aids and business case analysis to support programs, creative and recommended solutions.
- Understand GoDaddy’s business goals and identify areas to optimize the company’s revenue and margin.
Strong Marketing and Analytic Skills
- Solid understanding of analytics, statistics and forecasting
- Solid understanding of customer marketing and retention strategies
- Experience with web and customer analytics
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- 4+ years in marketing
- Experience in the following;
- Driving end-to-end marketing campaigns through multiple channels
- Pulling data via SQL, HQL (Hive) or other coding languages for use in analytics and reporting
- Analyzing data to optimize a marketing campaign and / or channel(s)
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and for this position:
- A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, knows the tools and tricks.
- Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues thorugh active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues and drive consensus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter
- Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant action.
- Team Oriented: Works well in collaborative team environments and matrix reporting structures.
Job ID R001312