Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Director, Customer Experience serves as the voice of the customer for Cologuard® to implement strategies to deliver world-class customer service. This role is responsible for establishing and maintaining world-class customer service by continuously improving patient, provider, and payer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Offer the voice of the customer to guide in marketing strategy, product improvement and customer interaction improvement.
- Partner with the customer experience leader in marketing to operationalize marketing strategies. Select hardware and software partners to put the strategy into action.
- Guide and oversee the implementation of the customer interactions at the customer care center.
- Provide metrics and feed information to guide marketing strategy and to increase compliance with Cologuard. Partner with the Exact Sciences Laboratories leadership team to operationalize any initiatives recommended. Shape the strategy using ongoing real-time monitoring of metrics while feeding information back to cross-functional teams.
- Establish alignment of the customer communication strategy and tactical execution to create and ensure consistency across the messaging and interactions that relates to the customer experience. Establish agreements for ongoing evaluation and calibration of communication across teams to ensure continued alignment.
- Partner with the compliance and legal teams to ensure that all strategy related to customer interaction comply with HIPAA/HITECH and any other regulations that may impact communications.
- Work cross functionally to keep teams up to date on the customer experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study or equivalent years additional experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of call center operations experience with organizations that have experienced rapid unprecedented growth and can emulate what “best looks like” in the customer care space.
- Ability to develop, motivate and lead teams of cross-functional resources in a matrixed organization with competing priorities, with or without direct authority or reporting relationships.
- Ability to manage and prioritize strategies, initiatives and workload independently and proactively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional general management and project management skills including coordination, communication and adherence to budget and completion goals, prioritization and troubleshooting.
- Exceptional interpersonal, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Strong marketing/business acumen.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Adaptable, open to change, and able to work in ambiguous situations and respond to new information and unexpected circumstances.
- Experienced in Microsoft Office products.
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time.
- MBA, MPH, or MS in relevant field.
- Healthcare (diagnostic/device/pharmaceutical marketing, sales, and/or reimbursement) experience.
- Significant experience in organizations known to deliver world-class customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to present to and influence executive leadership.
- Experience with teleservices and infrastructure that results in world class customer outreach and engagement.