Why Work for Frontier Airlines?
At Frontier, we believe the skies should be for everyone. We deliver on this promise through our commitment to Low Fares Done Right. This is more than our tagline - it’s our driving philosophy. Every member of Team Frontier has an important role to play in bringing this vision to life. Our successful business model allows travelers to take advantage of our fast-growing route network while our bundled and unbundled pricing options allow our customers to personalize their travel experience and only pay for the services they need – saving them money along the way.
What We Stand For
Low Fares Done Right is our mission and we strive to bring it to life every day. Our ‘Done Right’ promise means delivering not only affordable prices, but making travel friendly and easy for our customers. To do this, we put a great deal of care into every decision and action we take. We must be efficient with the use of our resources and make smart decisions about how we run our business. We must also innovate and be pioneers - we’re not afraid to try new things. While our business requires us to fly high in the air, we also consider ourselves down-to-earth in our approach, creating a warm and friendly experience that truly demonstrates Rocky Mountain Hospitality.
At Frontier, we like to think we’re creating something very special for our team members. Work is why we’re here, but the perks are nice too:
Flight benefits for you and your family to fly on Frontier Airlines.
Buddy passes for your friends so they can experience what makes us so great.
- Discounts throughout the travel industry on hotels, car rentals, cruises and vacation packages.
- Discounts on cell phone plans, movie tickets, restaurants, luggage and over 2,000 other vendors.
- Enjoy a ‘Dress for your Day’ business casual environment.
- Flexible work schedules that support work/life balance.
- Total Rewards program including a competitive base salary, short term incentives, long-term incentives, paid holidays, 401(k) plan, vacation/sick time and medical/dental/vision insurance that begins the 1st of the month following your hire date.
- We play our part to make a difference. The HOPE League, Frontier Airlines’ non-profit organization, is dedicated to providing employees financial assistance during catastrophic hardship.
Who We Are
Frontier Airlines is committed to offering ‘Low Fares Done Right’ to more than 100 destinations and growing in the United States, Canada, Dominican Republic and Mexico on more than 350 daily flights. Headquartered in Denver, Frontier’s hard-working aviation professionals pride themselves in delivering the company’s signature Low Fares Done Right service to customers. Frontier Airlines is the proud recipient of the Federal Aviation Administration’s 2018 Diamond Award for maintenance excellence and was recently named the industry’s most fuel-efficient airline by The International Council on Clean Transportation (ICCT) as a result of superior technology and operational efficiencies.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Director, Customer Care Operations primary responsibilities include managing the Contact Center's overarching vendor strategy, process engineering and escalation pathways, technology and training while ensuring compliance with KPI service levels and budget. This position is responsible for all aspects of contact center operations including: training, quality assurance, technology, workforce and vendor management, budget adherence and process improvement. This position will partner with teams across Frontier to define and implement processes to identify and efficiently execute against ongoing training needs to address new products, policy changes, and process improvements as well as optimizing on-boarding and ongoing training using best practices in instructional design. This position oversees call center technologies and will leverage and analyze data to drive continual improvements. This position is responsible for defining strategies and solutions that improve the care experience for Frontier Airlines customers and enhance the operational effectiveness of the contact centers. This leader will identify opportunities, develop specific processes, architect solutions, and influence automation efforts to enable capabilities to optimize workforce solutions to achieve operational efficiencies
- Lead care efforts, building out and executing on a global roadmap rooted in SLAs and KPIs
- Establish and evolve reporting on SLAs, KPIs, and other relevant insights; regularly present data to leadership
- Act as a change agent, systematically driving continuous improvement and operational excellence
- Continually seek operational optimization including pursuing, reviewing and on-boarding additional BPO vender options.
- Work with Frontier Airlines internal resources and stakeholders as needed.
- Collaborate and work with senior leadership to set direction and lead team meetings
- Accountable for the contact center tools, technology strategies, planning, and execution
- Responsible for aligning staffing and geography strategies to efficiently deliver business solutions, effectively manage the budget, and find ways to reduce costs
- Provides long- and short-term strategic direction and analytical support and directs business plan development to execute initiatives
- Builds relationships and influences leadership outside of respective departments
- Anticipates and responds appropriately to new demands, priorities, challenges, or obstacles.
- Advises executives and/or senior directors in defining organizational goals and strategic plans
- Follow emerging trends and best practices in customer care to identify continuous improvement, technology and efficiency/productivity opportunities
- Analyze customer care data trends, identify and recommend process, policy and system improvements resulting in increased customer satisfaction
- Build scalable, repeatable processes to serve both the customers and internal teams for all customer care operations
- Drive the selection and management of the relationship with contact center BPO vendor(s).
- Analyze vendor(s) performance on a daily, weekly, monthly and annual basis.
- Optimize strategies and spend with vendors while evolving creative approaches to solve unique staffing challenges
- Manage vendor(s) risk by periodic and ad-hoc assessment of the vendor(s) to ensure compliance with agreed-upon standards.
- Monitor vendor(s) performance by developing and maintaining standard scorecard to measure performance; communicate and address issues with appropriate stakeholders
- Provide vendor(s) volume forecasting that is utilized for the staffing model; maintain compliance and adherence with the service agreement.
- Monitor real time fight disruption communication and ensure vendor(s) are operationally prepared to handle flight disruptions (planned or unplanned) and other like events.
- Responsible to continuously explore cost saving opportunities and initiatives
- Plan and prioritize activities to ensure on-time, on budget, completion of projects and initiatives while meeting performance metric expectations
- Leverage data and financial analysis, workforce models and innovation to inform, advise, problem solve and influence decisions and outcomes that align the strategic priorities
- Supervise the team responsible for managing the phone system (IVR) for Customer Care, system upgrades, as well as ensuring connectivity and access to the tools and systems our customer care teams rely on to effectively and efficiently service our customers
- Recommend and support technology enhancements that improve the customer experience or operational performance as related to the contact center.
- Drive the selection, customization and use of systems, programs, software and other technology tools
- Lead and cultivate a positive team environment and provide ongoing guidance and career development opportunities to direct reports
- Maintain and proactively update the product knowledge base
- Design and execute a learning and development strategy to consistently deliver exceptional experiences at scale for front-line through customer relations agents
- Responsible for attainment of all Workforce performance measures such as occupancy and service levels
- Advance strategic workforce planning capabilities, methodologies and tactics to enable scalability and efficiency
- Work with airport operations, System Operation Control (SOC) and various internal stakeholders to support flight disruption solutions and communications.
- Support all corporate efforts to improve the customer experience, reduce complaints, as well as ensure adherence to other legal and governmental imposed rules.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, finance, legal or previous business partnership/vendor management required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of vendor management or like call center management experience; prior experience in airline/airport operations preferred
- Experience with workforce software for forecasting, scheduling, and daily operations preferred
- Previous experience managing employees/vendors remotely
- Previous experience managing contact center technologies
- Previous experience managing training from frontline through the escalation path
· Demonstrated ability to effectively manage cross-functional relationships and business processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated solid mathematical aptitude
- Must be detail oriented and accurate
- Demonstrated high level of professionalism and success in previous leadership roles
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communications skills; ability to articulate ideas and concepts well
- Ability to multi-task; handle stress well and to tactfully handle difficult customer situations when required
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain high performing teams in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of eWFM, IVR and other contact center technologies
- Ability to travel internationally as needed
Standard office equipment, including PC, copier, fax machine, printer
Typical office environment, adequately heated and cooled
May be required to work flexible hours including weekends and holidays
Generally, not required.
General Direction: The incumbent normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments.
Vendor Operations Manager(s)
Training, QA and Communications Manager
Customer Care Technology Manager
Salary Range: $113,500 - $141,900