The Director of Customer Analytics leads a team of data scientists and marketing/CRM analysts that work with Carters first party and third party data to provide actionable insights and recommendations based on customer behavior.
The department leads all customer segmentation and predictive analytics efforts, and consults with cross-functional partners in Finance, Merchandising, Store Operations, and Real Estate on customer impacting analysis. Team is responsible for driving customer strategy, reporting out on all customer KPIs, and leading the marketing team to make data driven decisions.
40% Strategy, Consulting, Leading
- Lead the development of database marketing analytics such as statistical modeling, customer profiling, segmentation analysis and other analytical techniques.
- Recommend testing strategy to support our test and learn environment.
- Oversee development of analytical plans including proper selection of methodologies, techniques, KPIs and metrics.
- Develop strategies to measure consumer response across channels and brands and quantify the overall impact of multi-channel initiatives.
- Consult with cross-functional partners on data analytics needs and strategies. Generate insights/conclusions and translate them into recommendations and strategies. Present findings to partners
- Provide guidance and direction to analysts on their ad-hoc analytics and project work
- Set and manage priorities; work withcontractors, consultants, and internal /external resources to align priorities with skillsets to accomplish objectives
25% Segmentation and Predictive Modeling
- Create customer segmentation and contact strategy, leveraging transactional customer data.
- Lead team on predictive analytics to be leveraged in marketing campaigns, including email, direct mail, and digitalchannels
- Provide decision support that includes customer response modeling and campaign test analysis.
25% Data Visualization and KPI Reporting
- Own a 360 degree view of customer analysis and reporting across both brands and the entire DTC business including international buyers
- Define and create lifetime value of customers and segments, KPI and customer dashboards and behavioral models to improve customer targeting.
10% Ad hoc Advanced Analytics and Reporting
- Pull data and run ad hoc analysis
-Manage the internal and external analytics staff to optimize on-shore vs. off-shore resources and internal vs. external resources to execute against requested and proactive analytics requests.
-Partner with key stakeholders throughout the organization to provide actionable insights i.e. Real Estate, GMMs, Brand Leaders, Retail Finance, Retail Planning, and E-Commerce.
-Partner with technology and database resources to ensure data is accurate in CRMdatabase and provide guidance and requirements for data setup for optimal reporting and analysis
Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics); MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of experience in database marketing and customer analytics experience
- Work within a direct-to-consumer business
- Retail experience highly preferred
- Expertise with statistical, econometric, and quantitative analysis techniques relevant to customer analytics
- Previous experience managing and developing team of data analytics, statisticians, and/or data scientists
Position ID: 85329-264953