The Director Culture Strategy is a key member of the Strategy team and contributes to the overall success and achievement of all-Bank Strategy by driving the design and implementation of culture transformation across the bank. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
This Director will work with senior leadership at the Bank to drive a noticeable, high-impact cultural shift across the organization. In doing this, the Director will be a champion of Scotiabank’s organizational culture, responsible for contributing to the design, implementation and oversight of cross-business initiatives that shift required mindset and behavior changes.
Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
Contribute to the development and implementation of the Bank-wide Culture strategy, strategic priorities and long term vision
- Uncover root cause mindsets and identify shifts critical to the change
- Set clear performance culture targets
- Work with senior leaders to foster top team alignment to build support and enthusiasm around the effort
Support the development a roadmap and play an integrator and coordinator role for existing initiatives (e.g., Compensation, Diversity and Inclusion, eNPS); for new initiatives or initiatives with no natural owner, contribute to the design and implement the set of integrated actions that will influence the mindset and behavior changes in support of culture aspirations
- Contribute to the development of an Enterprise-wide roadmap that incorporates existing and new culture-related initiatives
- Collaborate with Performance and Inclusion COE, Customer Focus COE and other stakeholders in various areas of the Bank to ensure initiatives maximize performance impact
- Lead the planning, design, and execution of selected enterprise-wide initiatives
- Work with Global Communications to develop and implement communication plan for Culture strategy
- Implement the plan in a way that ensures initiatives and core processes reinforce high performance – and that progress can be measured and managed for impact
- Help to build a network of culture change agents across the Bank
Track and monitor progress of Enterprise Culture strategy efforts. Work with stakeholders to develop and maintain Culture metrics
Create the Bank’s Culture center of excellence and act as the source of knowledge for Culture change ideas and best practices. Develop subject expertise on driving impactful corporate culture, including competitor strategies and industry best practices
Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Champions a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the Bank-wide Culture strategy, applicable to all 89,000 employees globally
- Manages Culture strategy projects and initiatives, to be implemented globally, to all Business Lines
- Work directly with Senior Leadership at the Bank, including Executive Culture Champions.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
- Spanish is an asset.
- 5 to 8 years’ business experience. Experience may have been gained in a bank, within any large industry-leading firm with a diverse employee base, organizational complexity and inherent bureaucracy (e. g. insurance, telecom, pharmaceutical, retail) or as a management consultant within an organization’s practice or a management consulting firm.
- Strong internal consulting skills with ability to champion and influence change
- Very strong strategic and tactical planning skills and implementation/project management skills and budget management.
- Knowledge of change management (and what it takes to move/inspire a broad work force).
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results.
- Excellent communicator with strong attention to detail, corporate presence and the ability to foster/encourage participation.
- Possess intellectual curiosity around ‘best-in-class’ practices (inside and outside the Bank).
- Work in a standard office-based environment; non-standard hours are a common occurrence. Limited travel internationally.
Requisition ID: 21130