Responsible for the day to day operations and staffing for the kitchen and dining venues of their community.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Culinary Services staff including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Meet regularly with residents and family members to confirm that high satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Work with the restaurant manager or coordinator so that he/she has a clear understanding of how to provide high levels of customer service and how to create a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Confirm that the front of house and back of house staff work closely together to deliver a food product that exceeds the residents and/or guests expectations.
- Assist Kitchen and Restaurant staff with back and front of the house operations as needed. This includes the ability to work all stations in the kitchen and/or dining room if needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and front line staff to obtain and maintain department Customer Satisfaction and Quality Enhancement levels at or above designated scores.
- Delegate tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and restaurant areas are maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness and quality at all times.
- Ensuring that all food is prepared, stored, and served according to Company standards and with state and/or local health code requirements.
- Maintain Employee Satisfactions scores at or above designated scores.
- Interview and hire staff for the Culinary Services department.
- Conduct and participate in monthly department meetings/in-services
- Able to understand and maintain monthly and annual budgets for the Culinary Services department including producing written documentation of monthly spend on food, supplies, and labor.
- Work with the staff and residents in the planning and development of recipes and menus based on resident likes and dislikes and monthly budgets.
- Ensure that all staff uses and maintains equipment properly to avoid damage and costly repairs.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory of kitchen supplies, small wares and table ware.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchasing standards are maintained and that appropriate vendors are used at all times. Maintain strong and positive relationships with all vendors.
- Responsible for planning, preparation and execution of Engage Life events, special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Work closely with the Community Sales Director and community staff to market the community via “Taste of Atria – Road Shows” and “Signature Items”.
- Ensure that the kitchen and restaurant staff understands company expectations and first impression requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Five (5) or more years Culinary Experience in the hospitality industry.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law and/or Company standards.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft word, Outlook, and Excel.