Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in 190 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 21,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 14,600 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer. Atria provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria also does not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on these protected classifications. We require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination-free and harassment-free work environment.
Responsible for the day to day operations and staffing for the kitchen and dining venues of their community.
- Responsibly manages and supervises all Culinary Services staff including scheduling, assignment, direction, performance review (including input on pay adjustments), hiring and corrective action consistent with company policy.
- Meet regularly with residents and family members to confirm that high satisfaction levels are maintained.
- Work with the restaurant manager or coordinator so that he/she has a clear understanding of how to provide high levels of customer service and how to create a restaurant style dining atmosphere.
- Confirm that the front of house and back of house staff work closely together to deliver a food product that exceeds the residents and/or guests expectations.
- Assist Kitchen and Restaurant staff with back and front of the house operations as needed. This includes the ability to work all stations in the kitchen and/or dining room if needed.
- Work with the Executive Director and front line staff to obtain and maintain department Customer Satisfaction and Quality Enhancement levels at or above designated scores.
- Delegate tasks to all staff so that the kitchen and restaurant areas are maintained at the highest levels of cleanliness and quality at all times.
- Ensuring that all food is prepared, stored, and served according to Company standards and with state and/or local health code requirements.
- Maintain Employee Satisfactions scores at or above designated scores.
- Interview and hire staff for the Culinary Services department.
- Conduct and participate in monthly department meetings/in-services
- Able to understand and maintain monthly and annual budgets for the Culinary Services department including producing written documentation of monthly spend on food, supplies, and labor.
- Work with the staff and residents in the planning and development of recipes and menus based on resident likes and dislikes and monthly budgets.
- Ensure that all staff uses and maintains equipment properly to avoid damage and costly repairs.
- Maintain the appropriate inventory of kitchen supplies, small wares and table ware.
- Responsible for ensuring that purchasing standards are maintained and that appropriate vendors are used at all times. Maintain strong and positive relationships with all vendors.
- Responsible for planning, preparation and execution of Engage Life events, special events, banquets, and theme meals.
- Work closely with the Community Sales Director and community staff to market the community via “Taste of Atria – Road Shows” and “Signature Items”.
- Ensure that the kitchen and restaurant staff understands company expectations and first impression requirements.
- May perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Five (5) or more years Culinary Experience in the hospitality industry.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Able to resolve problems of dissatisfied customers and/or employees.
- Food handlers permit as required by state law and/or Company standards.
- Basic Computer skills – Microsoft word, Outlook, and Excel.